Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:22 PM   #1

Default S200EXR - RAW support???

Hi all,

I've had the S200EXR for a few months now and I've regularly been checking online for any decent sort of RAW solution - either an app that will directly recognize and edit the .RAF files or a DNG converter that will allow them to be edited in ACR, but nothing seems to be around yet!

I'd happily use DNG in ACR as that's what I done for my last Canon camera, but even though I've installed the latest Adobe DNG converter, it still won't read my RAF files.

The Finepix viewer has no problem viewing the RAF files, but when I use the menu option "Improve Image" (to attempt some sort of editing), I get this error message:

"The following files cannot be registered because they are either unsupported CCD-RAW files, already registered CCD-RAW files, currently in use by another application, or the number of files to be registered exceeds the upper limit."

I have checked these 'conditions' and none apply - is there any way to use the RAW files produced by this camera?? I tried Raw Therapee and it crashed, and I didn't like what I saw before it disappeared anyway! My favourite photo-editor is Photoimpact, and it recognizes and opens the images, but bizarrely, they are in black and white and each photo is doubled up (one stuck on top of the other!)

Anyone any ideas??!

Joanna
fibbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2010, 9:35 PM   #2

Did you look for an update of the finepix software?
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 1:44 AM   #3

i took some raw pictures today when i went pigeon and duck shooting. I'll post original and raw images when I convert. I have a night shift so it will be a while. Ill also post software used and etc.

DAMNIT!!!!! I forgot to take off early for some city night shots.

Last edited by Cresho; Mar 24, 2010 at 1:51 AM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 1:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
i took some raw pictures today when i went pigeon and duck shooting.

Please don't tell me you mean shooting in the murder sense of the word... :-(
fibbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 4:13 PM   #5

just to get you started, go to http://www.rawtherapee.com/?mitem=3
download the rawtherapee30a1.exe, install it and it works fine. Let me know what you think. Ill post some shots in a while..if I don't fall asleep.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 4:28 PM   #6

okay, I used raw therapy so DO NOT POINT MY ERRORS PLEASE since I am tired and i just wanted to show it works. This was one of my most random shots ever and I fiddled with it randomly to the point where I said, "I'm not inspired."

I'll see about doing a HDR when i am more, "inspired".
Attached Images

Last edited by Cresho; Mar 24, 2010 at 4:33 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
just to get you started, go to http://www.rawtherapee.com/?mitem=3
download the rawtherapee30a1.exe, install it and it works fine. Let me know what you think. Ill post some shots in a while..if I don't fall asleep.

I use linux and it works fine. It crashes a few times in windows. It sort of works.

I tried the finepicks software that came with the camera, I have a small issue with it. wont open raw files because it is being used by another program it says.