Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:59 AM   #101

There seems to be an increasing number of HS10s need a reset -
HS10 problems? Try "Reset"...

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=35051694
daved163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:20 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by daved163 View Post
There seems to be an increasing number of HS10s need a reset -
HS10 problems? Try "Reset"...

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=35051694
Am I missing something here? What's the big deal? It's not like it's some major thing. Push the button and go. The camera has been in the hands of a handful of folks. NO ONE has had a chance to really put it through it's paces yet there are quite a few folks (some that don't even HAVE the camera) that seem to think it's a MAJOR malfunction. Big deal... reset and put your settings in. Y'all are making mountains out of molehills!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:47 AM   #103
Administrator

Something may have just gotten scrambled in the way they preloaded camera settings with a batch of them, or they may have used an unusual combination to test some of them (perhaps due to testing features as a QC process for the initial production run, which could be why the shot count is showing a number photos being taken with some of them).

That's just speculation. But, it's no big deal from my perspective. If you end up with any issues, just select the Reset choice in your setup menus and see if that fixes it. That's what it's there for (so you can return all camera settings to defaults).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:41 PM   #104

I checked the online manual (mine is still a day away) - as in other cameras it is a one click operation in the setup menu (but note that there is an additional confirmation step). As gtoth says, it is no biggie:

Name:  screen-capture.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  136.7 KB

Last edited by penolta; Apr 14, 2010 at 12:44 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 6:52 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
I think so it is. I never heard (amazon.de) that they delivered returned things.
But picture count (?) 31 ... hmmm.
I would see if a box was opened and content used.
Every camera I have purchased except one that was an obvious return required me to set the clock on start-up and the counter was always at zero.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:19 PM   #106

Originally ordered from Newegg.com that is having issues with their shipment coming in, so jump ship and now have it coming from bhphotovideo.com should be here Tuesday.....

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:49 PM   #107

That is great news, Dave-

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:56 PM   #108

There is a simple way to tell if your camera has been unwrapped before you received it, but only before you unwrap it yourself. I have not encountered this before, but the tape that seals the wrapping of the camera itself is has a metallic sheen with black lettering on it. When the tape is peeled off, it leaves behind some partial silvery letters cut out of the shiny background, and there are clear spaces on the tape where the glitter has been removed. The bag is folded over and taped to itself over the lens, and the two edges of the bag opening are both stuck to the tape, so that when it is peeled off, there are two lines of these partial shiny letters in two different places. It would be almost impossible to replace the tape so that the letters would be aligned such the clear spaces would not show. If you try to return it claiming you changed your mind and didn't open it, they will know you did. Fuji could repackage a camera with new bag and fresh tape, but a dealer could not, so you would know if it had been opened prior to shipping. Mine from B&H had not. Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky!

Last edited by penolta; Apr 16, 2010 at 6:01 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 12:22 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
There is a simple way to tell if your camera has been unwrapped before you received it, but only before you unwrap it yourself. I have not encountered this before, but the tape that seals the wrapping of the camera itself is has a metallic sheen with black lettering on it. When the tape is peeled off, it leaves behind some partial silvery letters cut out of the shiny background, and there are clear spaces on the tape where the glitter has been removed. The bag is folded over and taped to itself over the lens, and the two edges of the bag opening are both stuck to the tape, so that when it is peeled off, there are two lines of these partial shiny letters in two different places. It would be almost impossible to replace the tape so that the letters would be aligned such the clear spaces would not show. If you try to return it claiming you changed your mind and didn't open it, they will know you did. Fuji could repackage a camera with new bag and fresh tape, but a dealer could not, so you would know if it had been opened prior to shipping. Mine from B&H had not. Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky!
I noticed that when I got my HS10 from Amazon. Gave me confidence that it want a used camera. That and the new camera smell
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 12:35 PM   #110

Not ordering because it can't handle my favourite low light/night photography. And the quality & colour density, of the pics decreases the more you zoom. Its a great concept, but it needs a software tweak or a mark II version. If you like daylight photography only then its fine
jalond is offline   Reply With Quote