Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:54 AM   #31

looks like newegg.com is having some kind of issue

Jim C thanks for the info....

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:17 AM   #32

Sniff ... every American has a HS10 .... BUT IIIIIIIII NOT!
Life is one of the hardest.
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 1:16 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo 5 View Post
looks like newegg.com is having some kind of issue

Jim C thanks for the info....

dave
I don't think either the stores or Fuji itself anticipated the demand for this camera, as most web stores have gone from preorder to back order, indicating that their demand had exceeded the number preordered; some even went from preorder to in stock and then to backorder and at least a couple of those back orders (probably the earliest - or favored because of being the biggest sellers) have been filled and are shipping again.

Dave, Newegg apparently hasn't even received their preorders yet, and now shows backorder, which may be slow to fill if you miss the cut. You might want to cancel that preorder and order today from either Amazon (also One Call through Amazon) or B&H while their stock lasts - B&H will not actually be accepting orders again until this evening, but I believe you can reserve one by placing it in the shopping cart, which is still active (their automated inventory control will shut off that option it they run out) and completing the order tonight when they reopen.

I was registered for email notification with B&H, but haven't gotten that yet, However I saw the mention here (thanks for that) that they had it. So I ordered from B&H yesterday about an hour before they closed, and the order status showed "ready to ship" almost immediately (although it probably won't go out until Monday evening's UPS pickup at the earliest). I have been ordering from B&H for years and have never seen this notation before, so I am not sure what it means - perhaps they anticipated the demand and prepared them for quicker handling than usual?

Last edited by penolta; Apr 10, 2010 at 1:26 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 1:41 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
I don't think either the stores or Fuji itself anticipated the demand for this camera, as most web stores have gone from preorder to back order, indicating that their demand had exceeded the number preordered; some even went from preorder to in stock and then to backorder and at least a couple of those back orders (probably the earliest - or favored because of being the biggest sellers) have been filled and are shipping again.

Dave, Newegg apparently hasn't even received their preorders yet, and now shows backorder, which may be slow to fill if you miss the cut. You might want to cancel that preorder and order today from either Amazon (also One Call through Amazon) or B&H while their stock lasts - B&H will not actually be accepting orders again until this evening, but I believe you can reserve one by placing it in the shopping cart, which is still active (their automated inventory control will shut off that option it they run out) and completing the order tonight when they reopen.

I was registered for email notification with B&H, but haven't gotten that yet, However I saw the mention here (thanks for that) that they had it. So I ordered from B&H yesterday about an hour before they closed, and the order status showed "ready to ship" almost immediately (although it probably won't go out until Monday evening's UPS pickup at the earliest). I have been ordering from B&H for years and have never seen this notation before, so I am not sure what it means - perhaps they anticipated the demand and prepared them for quicker handling than usual?
Glad I got my order in yesterday!!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 2:33 PM   #35

I jumped in at Amazon and ordered on JimC's report this morning (04/10). Thus far, order tracking at Amazon is showing an expected Monday April 12th delivery. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I will keep you advised.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 8:39 AM   #36
Administrator

It looks like they may have ran out but should be getting some in again first of the week. Our Price search engine is now showing Amazon out of stock. But, if you go to the listing, it's showing "In Stock on April 13" (versus Out of Stock or Backordered).

http://steves-digicams.pgpartner.com...duct/sv=button
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 4:03 PM   #37

BH had them of friday morning at their store.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 6:18 AM   #38

Just ordered from http://www.mydigitaland.com/. Good thing about this supplier is the price includes a 3 year unlimited warranty. Stock is due in Wednesday with delivery 3-5 days after that. P&P is free at the moment. I shall set my expectations at the weekend after next!
(Their website is veeeeery slow today - it took about 40 minutes in all, but I did speak to the on the phone and they know they have a problem with the site.)
daved163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:36 PM   #39

I ordered from Amazon on the 9th I think. This is what it says in my View Open Orders screen: "We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed." Estimated ship date is the 15th, delivery Apr 26. Or sometime in 2010 lol! I ended up ordering from Amazon because I could also order the batteries and an 8gb card for like 40 less than w/B&H, not sure why (same brand of batteries, Patriot card from Amazon, SanDisc from B&H). Everything there seemed to just cost more (shipping, etc.). My folks live like 3 blocks from them, though, so we patronize them regularly lol!

Good luck Dave! Mydiditaland looks like a good site - it wasn't slow from the US when I floated around, but I didn't put anything into the cart, either.

Last edited by andytree; Apr 12, 2010 at 12:40 PM.
andytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:42 PM   #40

Thooooooouuuusands of dealers in Germany offer HS10 !

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote