Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 2, 2003, 1:08 AM   #1

Default S7000 shots! :D

Hi guys,

My first post here.

Got my S7000 a week ago and snapped about 1,000 pics already.

Here are the links to my web gallery.

http://faizal.fotopic.net/

comments welcome!

Rgds
faizal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2003, 12:16 PM   #2
mik

how si this camera with close ups, does it cast a shadow?

when i mean clsoe ups, im talking about extreme close ups and what is the focus distance?

thnks
mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2003, 8:34 AM   #3

hi mik,

the macro/supermacro shots are really incredible. i used to own Canon A70 and comparing these two camera macro wise, S7000 is better. i think only 2 or 3 shots were out of focus out of a few hundreds macro shots that i have taken. but word of caution that if you use supermacro shots of about 1 cm, there might be a shadow due to its closeness of lense to the subject. so far i have no complaint about the macro shots...and the AF is darn fast and quiet!!

FYI, i have taken about 1,000 shots in the last one week. Generally, i'm very much pleased with it. Before i choose S7000 i was contemplating to get CP5700 due to its swivel screen. then i have decided to wait for S7000. finally ot came to malaysia and i was one of the first few that managed to get it first .

i have not tried to print the shots yet as i still learning the tricks.

BTW, you can check other forums here at http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1012. there are lots of usefull info there.

Rgds
Old Dec 3, 2003, 1:49 PM   #4
mik

how about the low light photos, does it have a low light sensor, and im onot too sure about this, but how far is the normal macro in this camera, not the supre macro, it is about 0.3ft.....how far is this in inches?
Old Dec 5, 2003, 2:01 AM   #5

the macro shots would about 10cm (3.9 inches) to 80 cm (2.6 ft) and supermacro is about 1cm (0.4 inc) to 20 cm (7.9 inc).

Normal wide angle approx 50 cm (1.6 ft) to infinity and telephoto approx 90 cm (3.0 ft) to infinity.

hope this helps!
Old Dec 5, 2003, 10:30 AM   #6
mik

faizal
2 questions

1.how about the low light photos?
2.how long do nimh bats last in the cam?
Old Dec 22, 2003, 12:40 AM   #7

hi mik,

sorry for the long delay. i was outstation.

anyway, on the lowlight photos/shots, i dint have any problem with that as the camera was able to focus. unlike CP5700 where the lowlight af is terrible and sometimes the CP5700 looked like was searching for the accurate focus!. S7000 on th eother hand, i fast! i dont like to brag but, this is my opinion on the lowlight focusing.

and on the battery life, i have 8X1800mAH and 4X2000mAH. the 1800mAH could last about 200 shots, about 30% flash, 70% EVF shots, ocassional viewing on the LCD. comparable with my ex-A70. the 200mAH could last until 300 shots with minimal flash usage. i could fill up my 256MB CF cards and 1 halfs of 128MB with single charge of 2000mAH.

Hope that satisfies you.

Rgds
Old Dec 29, 2003, 10:42 AM   #8

hi
saw ur updateed gallery, very good, really impressing. i wud like to know if u hav any pics of ppl, mayb a hand or sumthing if u cant show sum1s face, i wud like to see how the skin tone appears. thank u will appreciate it

also did u enhance th pics with software, or is it jus cut and crop, do u have to adjust the colour, briteneess settings, if so how much doctoring of pictures is needed.

agian relaly like da pics man.....
zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2003, 6:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom
hi
saw ur updateed gallery, very good, really impressing. i wud like to know if u hav any pics of ppl, mayb a hand or sumthing if u cant show sum1s face, i wud like to see how the skin tone appears. thank u will appreciate it
OK, i have some ppl pics but then most of it shots in 6MP soft. the reason i shot in soft becasue under advice that for normal or hard sharpening, it would be too much compression. therefore, shot in soft and do some USM later. i have yet to see any diff in normal or hard sharpening though. i'll let you know if i shoot it.

Quote:
also did u enhance th pics with software, or is it jus cut and crop, do u have to adjust the colour, briteneess settings, if so how much doctoring of pictures is needed.
normally if the shots are under/over exposed or have other undesirable aspects, i'd post processit in PS7/PS8. but most of the time i just USM the pics only as i shoot in soft sharpening. the cropping and stuff all depend on the photographer i think as i seldom do photocropping unless there are any unwated objects. frankly speaking, my knowledge in PS7/PS8 is not that advanced. i can rate myself between beginner to mderate.

Quote:
agian relaly like da pics man.....
Thanks a lot man! appreciate it. hopefully to see your too!

Rgds