Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:27 PM   #1

Default HS10 concerns.....

I really like it. But I am a little worried about the time it takes the camera to save the shot in the memory card. Raw, almost 10 seconds, could that be normal, or I got a bad camera, could it be fixed by a software update?
This is my only issue with the camera. IQ is great, not a dlsr but really good, camera is light and very comfortable. The lens is very good, the zoom is amazing. Overall a great camera with the exception of the saving to memory card. Any ideas, how to fix this?
Thanks
vsanzbajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:34 PM   #2

First of all - I have'nt got the Camera yet. Secondly, what is the response time in JPG ?
Claus
Tresman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:36 PM   #3

4-5 seconds
vsanzbajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:51 PM   #4

That is one of the faults of the HS-10. It is slow to focus, it has slower shot to shot times, and it is slow to save .jpg and especially slow with RAW.

Fuji does not have a sterling record of providing firmware updates, so I would not hold my breath waiting for a firmware revision to improve these operational times.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:57 PM   #5

Just to give you a basis to work off of when I had the Fuji S9100 for 18 months there was never a firmware upgrade available. Also with my pervious Fuji Cameras test S5100, used the S5200 and S9100 I never though they were slow or slow to focus and I did get 2-3 second jpeg saves with the Fuji S9100, raw on the other hand took 10 seconds.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 2:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
That is one of the faults of the HS-10. It is slow to focus, it has slower shot to shot times, and it is slow to save .jpg and especially slow with RAW.

Fuji does not have a sterling record of providing firmware updates, so I would not hold my breath waiting for a firmware revision to improve these operational times.

Sarah Joyce
Thanks Sarah I got my answer here from the PM I sent you today....
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:59 PM   #7

As I took additional photos today (04/13), although I did not actually time the time required to save a .jpg file, I really did not think that it was excessive. Slow, yes. But not excessive, sort of the typical Fuji action cycle.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:23 AM   #8

is it that slow? is the s200exr different from the hs10?

I just pulled out my kingston class 4 16gb. I take raw and jpeg shots 1 shot and saves in one second both jpeg and raw.

if you don't believe me, ill pull out my hd1000 and record a short. If your talking about the buffering, then that's another matter but I can still shoot while 3-4 shots are in the buffer saving to sd.

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 14, 2010 at 12:26 AM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsanzbajo View Post
4-5 seconds

That is, IMhumbleO, very long time !
Claus
Tresman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:43 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsanzbajo View Post
I really like it. But I am a little worried about the time it takes the camera to save the shot in the memory card. Raw, almost 10 seconds, could that be normal, or I got a bad camera, could it be fixed by a software update?
This is my only issue with the camera. IQ is great, not a dlsr but really good, camera is light and very comfortable. The lens is very good, the zoom is amazing. Overall a great camera with the exception of the saving to memory card. Any ideas, how to fix this?
Thanks
Almost 10 seconds for RAW , that renders RAW into the almost useless category...
Ancientritual is offline   Reply With Quote