Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 15, 2010, 5:01 PM   #101

If it is useful to know, B&H has the HS 10 in stock, today, and it ships tomorrow on a 3 day delivery. Everyone else, including ShopFujiFilm is on back order.
Ganibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 5:19 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganibar View Post
If it is useful to know, B&H has the HS 10 in stock, today, and it ships tomorrow on a 3 day delivery. Everyone else, including ShopFujiFilm is on back order.
Yeah, I had talked to B&H a couple of days ago, and they said they had "plenty" of HS10s in stock.
The charge is $11 for 3-day shipping, I bought mine from there.
CraXJaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 5:32 PM   #103

Default Got Mine!

I'm in the UK and mine arrived today!!!! So far I love it. I took it outside my front door this evening and ran off some test shots at each of the ISO and have posted a link to each of the original files, feel free to have a look at them. They have been taken in Normal quality Jpeg, with default settings. There has been NO pp at all, these are literally straight from the camera. Hope you find them of interest.

I will try and post some more samples at Jpeg fine setting tomorrow. From the very little use I have had with this camera I am really pleased with it.

For ease I have posted a link to the directory and named each file with the ISO rating....enjoy!

http://www.tidelineimages.co.uk/hs10samples/
Cornwall David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 5:45 PM   #104

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust..

Today, I tried again to get some actionshots alongside the runway. It had been alive all day, so little chance of getting unlucky again.. Unless a volcano erupts some 1900km away (Iceland), and gets all the airspace in north-west europe closed

So, good reason to play some more on other subjects. I tested the barrel distortion jpeg vs. raw, and there's no difference. Well done Fuji (isn't that actually a volcano? )

I left the cam in raw, without jpeg, to find out at home my imac (last years top model) couldn't read them. Neither the latest adobe camera raw update can handle the files. So I had to switch back to my dying windows pc and use the provided silkypix stuff to edit the pictures.

Picture taken with fill flash. tweaked the contrast and saturation in raw stage. Can't tell if part of the clouds is volcanic dust
Attached Images

greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 5:48 PM   #105

raw, macro mode, iso 800, 100% below (note the crop is after the pic went to the raw editing software, where I did some sharpening, noise reduction etc)
Attached Images

Old Apr 15, 2010, 5:52 PM   #106

an iso400 image. raw and macro. note the vague horizontal border in the upper part of the image; not sure where that came from.

other shot taken at raw & iso100

Cheerio! GB
Attached Images

Old Apr 15, 2010, 6:04 PM   #107

It's too noisy.. even at 400?
I'm no expert though..
CraXJaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:17 PM   #108

the 400 is better, though.

Camera arrived today, and I'm uploading my first crop of photies. YAY!
andytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:25 PM   #109

All the info is here - I am so clueless as to how to get the info onto the picture. sorry.

Same pic cropped:

Last edited by andytree; Apr 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:26 PM   #110

I am very happy, so far! I wish I could see it in action - like kids running and playing etc. Tomorrow I'll take my little guy to the playground and we'll give it a run for it's money!