Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:01 PM   #181

I say about 80 percent of the pictures you took are dead on sharp on the dpreview, about 60 percent are excellent.

Your indoor shots could improve if you use iso 800 without flash and played with the spot metering option. If you went mannual, you can set apature and shutter and go even further if you want to. I have lots if indoor shots that look really good without flash and without lighting from my s200exr.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:55 PM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
I say about 80 percent of the pictures you took are dead on sharp on the dpreview, about 60 percent are excellent.

Your indoor shots could improve if you use iso 800 without flash and played with the spot metering option. If you went mannual, you can set apature and shutter and go even further if you want to. I have lots if indoor shots that look really good without flash and without lighting from my s200exr.
Thanks Cresho. Many of these were me testing out the features of the camera. Currently, I am mostly shooting in P, A or S modes. I know I can take indoor pics at high ISO w/o flash, I've taken quite a few, but the noise is a little too much. Lots to experiment with on this camera
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 2:21 AM   #183

Here. This one is from my room. 20 watt bulb and i just took a quick pick with some adjustments.

-color low
-tone hard
-apature and shutter is adjusted to histogram and that cute little indicater to middle
-iso 800
-mannual mode
I can also do iso 400. You see, color gives alot of noise. put color to low for night shots indoors like i did without flash and 20 watt bulb. amazing really.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 21, 2010 at 2:27 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:48 AM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
Here. This one is from my room. 20 watt bulb and i just took a quick pick with some adjustments.

-color low
-tone hard
-apature and shutter is adjusted to histogram and that cute little indicater to middle
-iso 800
-mannual mode
I can also do iso 400. You see, color gives alot of noise. put color to low for night shots indoors like i did without flash and 20 watt bulb. amazing really.
Thanks for the LOW color tip. I'll try that with high ISO. Was this picture hand-held?
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:59 AM   #185

wooooow.
Very good post i found here and second finally decided to upgrade my s3is.

Either long zoom HS10 or lumix g10.

thanks to all.
rockdhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:11 PM   #186

yes it was handheld. I could of used a tripod with 100 iso.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:17 PM   #187

Cresho-

That room has a hugh light level.

Rockdhero-

Welcome to the Forum and to the Fuji P+S Folder.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:35 PM   #188

ya! I was just showing him the shot indoors and hand-held. Nothing "smanzy" aka smashingly fancy. Pointing out how well these cameras do indoor lighting with no flash no nothing but straight horsepower. and ya damn i forgot to adjust the type of lighting....good point. I see what your talking about. Live and learn. Definitely take a better one next time.

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 21, 2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:37 PM   #189

Ok here are a few of my own samples. I had to re size them down as the files were too big to post straight out of the camera. The one with the boat was taken at full zoom. The one of the night scene on the lake was taken 5 minutes before total darkness using sunset mode I believe.. I also did a couple in that series with the night and natural light modes but I liked the purple/natural light tone of this one the best.

Zero post possessing down.

dave
Attached Images

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:42 PM   #190

If you get a chance, take a picture right before the sun drops down the hill..right after the last flare from the sun goes down the hill. This will still give you enough light giving what's left of the sky and enough lighting and colors to show you the rest.

Learned this tip from sarah....THANKS SARAH!

She never mentioned metering mode..something I will mess with later.

The boat shot was one of your best one from that group. When I read it was zoomed I'm like "gasp!"

Last one is nice.