Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:53 PM   #11

Thanks for the 800 and 1600 iso sample. 800 seems to be about where you want to stop. Even without a crop 1600 seems a noisy.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:54 PM   #12

It really is, like the epl-1 in Germany. They can not keep the camera instock. Guess the 700+mm zone is really a big draw for users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
this is one hot camera. i cant go anywhere on the net without people talking about it.

i am looking forward to more impressions and samples. this looks good so far.

i am just kind of wondering how they did the dynamic range increase without the EXR system. maybe this has been covered in the other thread on the hs10, but that thread got so big i quit reading it (time has been of the essence lately)

congrats on your new camera Sarah, i hope you enjoy!
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:24 PM   #13

Sarah can try shooting at higher ISO with DR off? I feel it may give better results.
archish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:00 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Paul-

Let's just say that the Panasonic FZ-35 and the Fuji HS-10 are sort of apples and oranges. The FZ-35 uses a very conventional 1/2.33 CCD imager. The HS-10 uses a 1/2.33 CMOS imager.

Due to that difference the two camera, I sincerely believe, are not directly comparable.

Sarah Joyce
I know they use different sensors, but I too am interested in a comparison if Sarah can find the time.

In fact, I'd like the HS10 compared to the S200 and the FZ35 if possible since I believe those two cameras to be the closest competitors to the HS10.

Same scene shot with the 3 cameras using the same settings, please. Thanks.
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:54 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2raj View Post
I know they use different sensors, but I too am interested in a comparison if Sarah can find the time.

In fact, I'd like the HS10 compared to the S200 and the FZ35 if possible since I believe those two cameras to be the closest competitors to the HS10.

Same scene shot with the 3 cameras using the same settings, please. Thanks.

The same goes here - please, if you have time, try a little comparison between FZ35 and HS10.
I have just sold my FZ35 - i found that there were a lot of color artifacts when shooting in low light with no flash and with some tele on.
In other words, I was unhappy with the Pana - and really don't want
to buy another Pana for a long time.
Claus
Tresman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 4:17 AM   #16
Super Moderator

It's an exciting looking cameras but as is mentioned regularly we can't tell anything from a photo reduced for the web, is it sharp, is it noisy etc, the post processing and size reduction has too much of a say. Can everyone please check out the first few posts in the following thread? http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ge...a-quality.html

Looking forward to seeing what it can really do.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:39 AM   #17

What's this, logic in a frenzied atmosphere??? This situation is like camera chuming. I think we really need another HS-10 thread ...

I'm am curious to see some lengthy professional reviews.

BTW, I had to reset my S200EXR as I was having some issues similar to Sarah but I don't know if it was an initial delivery issue or just me playing a bit too much early on.

Bob S.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:45 AM   #18

Default Fuji HS10 v Panasonic FZ35/35

Quote:
Paul-

Let's just say that the Panasonic FZ-35 and the Fuji HS-10 are sort of apples and oranges. The FZ-35 uses a very conventional 1/2.33 CCD imager. The HS-10 uses a 1/2.33 CMOS imager.

Due to that difference the two camera, I sincerely believe, are not directly comparable.

Sarah Joyce
Sarah,
I note your comments, but I am also intersted in how the two cameras "compare".
I was set to buy the Panny, until I got wind of the HS10. Basically I want a super-zoom that will deiver good results on auto, but which also has the option for a lot of manual tinkering once I get used to it.
I beleive you have said the Panny was the best super-zoom around (before the HS10 caame on the scene).

Rob
Robbob67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:51 AM   #19
Super Moderator

Quote:
Paul-

Sarah Joyce
That's like saying the Canon SX1 (CMOS) and FZ-35 (CCD) can't be compared because of different technology LOL.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:52 AM   #20

Mark-

Thanks for your comments. I just got this thread started late yesterday (13 April) afternoon. As you know I have a very good record of posting the re-sized photo along with a 100% crop in the Sony P+S folder.

However, I also had a complaint in the Sony P+S folder that I was not posting so that the whole photo could be seen. So there is some misunderstanding of the need for the 100% crop. The other issue that I did address is that the Forum's software, at times, garbles the EXIF information, making it unreadable. So I began posting the EXIF information right on the face of the photo, to address that problem.

So I will, now that I have Income Taxes done and have more time, post a 100% crop to accompany each posted photo. Prior to this time, my spare time did not allow that luxury.

Yes, I will work on the request for comparison photos. It will be something like the FZ-35 and the HS-10. But please cut me a bit of slack. I am a full time caregiver to a severely handicapped husband and still teaching twice a week. So I sort of have to fit things in at odd times. For example I was up and in the shower by 0415/4:15 am this morning, as I had stuff to catch-up on.

All the best,

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Apr 14, 2010 at 7:56 AM.
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote