Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:52 PM   #221

More takeoff / aviation action.

distant aircraft in the #1 picture is turning final for landing at the righthand parallel runway, and is almost 10 km away; thats zoom all right Heat distortion becomes more of a problem though..

Panning for these images was not nearly as challenging as the images in the post above. Cropped for better aspect ratio, resized sharpened.
Attached Images

greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:56 PM   #222

To finish, two pics with the moon. I was hoping to catch an aircraft flying through, but it didn't happen. Both with Tcon-17. Resized / sharpened only

- edit - This was the first time i had the cam runnning on the eneloop batteries from Sanyo, and what a difference it was! I had the cam constantly on for at least 3 houres, taking pictues all the time, reviewing pictures etc. I had the eye sensor switched off, and was using the evf almost all the time. The set of four came charged with the mail, and lasted all the time, but the last bit in red. I'm really glad I got those

I'me very happy with the image qaulity too; the cam did a splendid job on the moving targets. The shot to shot time is a bit slower than average I think, but fair enough to capture the moments you're looking for.

Happy shooting! GB
Attached Images

Last edited by greenbaron; Apr 23, 2010 at 6:19 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 6:23 PM   #223

Nice shots, GB! And nice to see planes flying!
andytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 6:43 PM   #224

Greenbaron,

You should post the airplane shots in the transportation forum. They are really nice.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 8:29 PM   #225

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Very impressive. I especially like the 747 taking off (#2) and the cockpit shot of the MD-11(#3). How did you get such close access?

Jehan
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 8:52 PM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
Very impressive. I especially like the 747 taking off (#2) and the cockpit shot of the MD-11(#3). How did you get such close access?

Jehan
720mm of lens X TCON-17 (1.7) = 1224mm add to that triple IS and a tripod. heheheh Who needs access?
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:22 AM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbaron View Post
Some extreme panning shots. Taken with Tcon-17.

It proved extremely difficult to handle that much zoom, and get a good pan. these are the best results from todays attempts. Both not fully in focus / motion blurred; Couldn't resist sharing the attempts anyway.

pictures taken in burst mode. Once the shuttter is pressed, you're running blind, because the screen freezes while the cam is taking the pictures, which adds to the challenge. Resized and sharpened quite a bit.

It's the maingear of two airbus A330 passenger jets in takeoff action.
Those are some great pictures.
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 1:59 AM   #228

Default Tripod with IS..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
720mm of lens X TCON-17 (1.7) = 1224mm add to that triple IS and a tripod. heheheh Who needs access?
Do you think the photo would have been improved at all had you not used IS...HS10 really needs remote shutter.
Coolsiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 3:54 AM   #229

Thanks all;

the md11 shot was taken without the tcon-17; you're pretty close to the runway (I'm guessing some 200 - 250m) at that location.

All pics were taken handheld; The IS does a pretty good job, and sure makes a difference; but with the tcon things do get critical. The moonshots would have benefited from a tripod; shooting a burst also helps increasing the chance of a non-blurred image. I would love a remote shutter too; but it's mostly handy for nightshots / static scenes.

cheerio! GB
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:50 AM   #230

will haveto get some enelop batterys, everyone seems to enjoy them so much.
How about memory cards. Would this camera's write speed benefit much from a higher class memory card. And then would you know if the benefit quits at class 4, or 6. Would be a real waste of money if the camera couldn't write as fast as the expensive chip
Order area at bhphoto is currently shut down last night. I've given up on finding the hs10 locally in se michigan. Guess the wife won't get a new camera for the anniversary monday
hoppingmad is offline   Reply With Quote