Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:50 AM   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2raj View Post
You don't have to. You are free to choose any camera you want.
Heh, heh, heh.... little thing we call "sarcasm" round these parts Raj...

Sorry for the miscommunication.

I have enjoyed your posts also, here and on DPR.

Have fun out there, relax and take off the gloves once in a while... not everyone is spoiling for a fight.
Strobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:24 AM   #272

2raj-

Excellent detail and exposure. That is a real winning combination. And the textures look very delicate as well. Well done.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:09 PM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strobe View Post
Heh, heh, heh.... little thing we call "sarcasm" round these parts Raj...

Sorry for the miscommunication.

I have enjoyed your posts also, here and on DPR.

Have fun out there, relax and take off the gloves once in a while... not everyone is spoiling for a fight.
Guess I missed the sarcasm.

If anything, I try to avoid getting into these fights. Not in my nature. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't like to force mine on others nor do I let others force their opinion on me
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:43 PM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2raj View Post
Guess I missed the sarcasm.

If anything, I try to avoid getting into these fights. Not in my nature. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't like to force mine on others nor do I let others force their opinion on me
No harm done and no hard feelings on my side... I look forward to more of your HS10 pics ! Keep 'em coming !
Strobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 2:55 PM   #275

hello to you all.

Im new here......as a matter of fact im new to photografy the way it is done here.
So i thought it would be smart to register here.

Well what kind of experience do i have......lol now dont laugh.... almost none at all...
What camera do i own..... its a dinosaur: the minolta dimage z1 ( 3mp and a 10 x zoom)
I have no dslr to compare so when my HS10 arrives i only can compare it to my minolta.....lol i guess by now you will all be rollin over the floor gasping for air....

Ive already read a few articles about the hs10 and most were very positive, but the info combined with the pictures here did it. There are some awesome pictures inhere.

Why not a dslr......well i dont like draggin a lot of lenses and stuff around, but love a powerfull zoom and beautifull pictures. What anoyed me with the minolta was the time before it was at full zoom.....and there was a burst mode ( continously shooting)
but only at 1mp ....the quality was soooo poor that i used it once and never again.
But now on a full hd 42 inch television.......its time for a new camera.

I only intend to use it for photografy........no video intrest at all. I do have a jvc fullhd camcorder to do that job. (thats another reason why no dslr...ill have to drag that lill camcorder on vacations and tripps as well)

Cant wait for my hs10 to arrive.....ordered it: 375euro's

I saw some pictures of a moon with a tcon ( teleconverter 1.7) and they were awesome. (the onces without tcon as well). Which teleconverter can be used with the hs10?

BTW which programs do you use when you sharpen or crop pictures?

And remember.....im a newbie, take me by the hand and walk slowely...lol very slowely.

Thanks a lot.....

Marcel
Insomniac68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 3:02 PM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac68 View Post
hello to you all.

Im new here......as a matter of fact im new to photografy the way it is done here.
So i thought it would be smart to register here.

Well what kind of experience do i have......lol now dont laugh.... almost none at all...
What camera do i own..... its a dinosaur: the minolta dimage z1 ( 3mp and a 10 x zoom)
I have no dslr to compare so when my HS10 arrives i only can compare it to my minolta.....lol i guess by now you will all be rollin over the floor gasping for air....

Ive already read a few articles about the hs10 and most were very positive, but the info combined with the pictures here did it. There are some awesome pictures inhere.

Why not a dslr......well i dont like draggin a lot of lenses and stuff around, but love a powerfull zoom and beautifull pictures. What anoyed me with the minolta was the time before it was at full zoom.....and there was a burst mode ( continously shooting)
but only at 1mp ....the quality was soooo poor that i used it once and never again.
But now on a full hd 42 inch television.......its time for a new camera.

I only intend to use it for photografy........no video intrest at all. I do have a jvc fullhd camcorder to do that job. (thats another reason why no dslr...ill have to drag that lill camcorder on vacations and tripps as well)

Cant wait for my hs10 to arrive.....ordered it: 375euro's

I saw some pictures of a moon with a tcon ( teleconverter 1.7) and they were awesome. (the onces without tcon as well). Which teleconverter can be used with the hs10?

BTW which programs do you use when you sharpen or crop pictures?

And remember.....im a newbie, take me by the hand and walk slowely...lol very slowely.

Thanks a lot.....

Marcel
You can use the Olympus TCON-17 (renamed from the Olympus B-300).

For editing: Picasa, DigiKam, Gimp
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 4:08 PM   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
You can use the Olympus TCON-17 (renamed from the Olympus B-300).
Gary,

I am considering a teleconverter also, but I see the TCON-17 is a 55mm thread, which I assume would need a converter. Any reason why we would not use one of the Canon units that are listed as having a 58mm thread?

(other) Gary

Last edited by lakensea; Apr 26, 2010 at 5:04 PM.
lakensea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 4:40 PM   #278

Here are two Canon teleconverters 1.5x and 2.0x. They have 58mm thread for the Fuji HS10.

Will these work?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...rter_Lens.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...rter_Lens.html

Last edited by conradcjc; Apr 26, 2010 at 4:44 PM.
conradcjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 4:43 PM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by conradcjc View Post
I don't see a Canon 1.7x teleconverter that is 58mm. Can you post the link to this teleconverter?

Chuck

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...614+4294952703
lakensea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 4:45 PM   #280

Yes. I just found them as well. There is a 2x and a 1.5x. I wonder how they would work on the HS10?
conradcjc is offline   Reply With Quote