Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:05 AM   #21

2raj, Claus, Robbob, et al-

Yes, as an instructor, I have lots of cameras, but unfortunately I am not a camera store. I wish that I had that facility and luxury. When time allows, I will post comparison shots between the Panasonic FZ-35/38 and the Fuji HS-10. It will be impossible to include comparison shots from the Fuji S-200 EXR, as I sold that camera last month.

As you no doubt read in my post to Mark, above my time everyday is pretty limited as I am a full time care giver to a severely handicapped Husband of 54 years and I am still teaching two days each week. I squeeze in taking photos when I am grocery shopping or taking my husband to a medical appointments and the like.

Please just know that I have your requests noted down and I will include additional photos as time allows.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:18 AM   #22

Many thanks Sarah.
Didn't mean to impose in any way.

Rob
Robbob67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:22 AM   #23

No problem at all, Rob-

I just felt that everyone should know the time constraints that I operate in every day. By the way, I never personally use the Automatic Mode. Instead, I prefer to use the "P" or Programed Auto Mode or Shutter Priority, or Aperture Priority, as required.

However, I have noted down your request for some HS-10 photos in the Automatic Mode.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:01 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post

Yes, as an instructor, I have lots of cameras, but unfortunately I am not a camera store. I wish that I had that facility and luxury. When time allows, I will post comparison shots between the Panasonic FZ-35/38 and the Fuji HS-10. It will be impossible to include comparison shots from the Fuji S-200 EXR, as I sold that camera last month.

As you no doubt read in my post to Mark, above my time everyday is pretty limited as I am a full time care giver to a severely handicapped Husband of 54 years and I am still teaching two days each week. I squeeze in taking photos when I am grocery shopping or taking my husband to a medical appointments and the like.

Please just know that I have your requests noted down and I will include additional photos as time allows.

Sarah Joyce
Thanks Sarah. Whenever you find time.

I'm expecting my HS10 today and will do some testing on my own, but I don't have either the FZ35 or S200 to compare it to.
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:18 AM   #25

2raj-

I have only the FZ-35 and the HS-10 to use for comparison purposes. I sold my S-200EXR last month to finance the purchase of the HS-10.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:21 AM   #26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Mark-

Thanks for your comments. I just got this thread started late yesterday (13 April) afternoon. As you know I have a very good record of posting the re-sized photo along with a 100% crop in the Sony P+S folder.

However, I also had a complaint in the Sony P+S folder that I was not posting so that the whole photo could be seen. So there is some misunderstanding of the need for the 100% crop. The other issue that I did address is that the Forum's software, at times, garbles the EXIF information, making it unreadable. So I began posting the EXIF information right on the face of the photo, to address that problem.

So I will, now that I have Income Taxes done and have more time, post a 100% crop to accompany each posted photo. Prior to this time, my spare time did not allow that luxury.

Yes, I will work on the request for comparison photos. It will be something like the FZ-35 and the HS-10. But please cut me a bit of slack. I am a full time caregiver to a severely handicapped husband and still teaching twice a week. So I sort of have to fit things in at odd times. For example I was up and in the shower by 0415/4:15 am this morning, as I had stuff to catch-up on.

All the best,

Sarah Joyce
Hi Sarah,

I appreciate all the time constraints you have, my mother looked after her parents for a long time when they were old and not able to care for themselves.

Also I didn't direct the link only at you regarding 100% crops, the thread is inviting others to post samples so I wanted to ensure that it is a valuable thread with usable information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
Can everyone please check out the first few posts in the following thread? http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ge...a-quality.html
From the first photo we already had these posts that said

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsanzbajo View Post
I am not a pro, but it looks amazing. Anyone disagrees?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
It is a very good shot, the dof could be better, but not much that can be done with the smaller sensor. But I agree in good lighting, it takes a very crisp photo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul O View Post
That's an amazing clear photo Sarah.
Now this photo looks fine, but if someone is going to see it and make a judgement about a camera based on it then they are mistaken as we know it is simply far too reduced in resolution. We have no idea how good it is, it is possible to make a camera phone photo look this good or better, so I just ask for members to post 100% crops. It takes no more than 30 seconds extra to do when the original is open but it gives people real information to base opinions on.

We know you put a lot of time into advising people on P&S cameras and that is valued so don't take it the wrong way, but as you do put the time and effort in there is no point it being wasted by not giving members and visitors something tangible.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:40 AM   #27

Default 100% Crop

Please forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is a 100%crop?
Robbob67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:48 AM   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob67 View Post
Please forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is a 100%crop?
Not a problem at all, there is so much jargon that goes around in photography it takes ages to get it all sorted..... I should make a list sometime and post it.

We call it a 100% crop as it is a crop at pixel per pixel size of a full image, it probably isn't the best term but it is the one that stuck. Dustin explains it well in the 8th post of this thread http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ge...a-quality.html
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:02 PM   #29

Quote:

Sarah Joyce
Thanx Sarah - I believe that I speak of all, when I say that I appriciate your time when you got it.
Claus
Tresman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:54 PM   #30

Ok, folks here we go-

We're answering a request to show the same scene shot with the Fuji HS-10 and the Panasonic FZ-35. Here is how it will work. We will always begin with the HS-10. The first photo will be the "normal" photo from the HS-10, followed by a 100% crop of the previous HS-10 image.

Then we will move to the FZ-35, doing first a "normal" photo, followed by the 100% crop of that previous FZ-35 photo. You will find the EXIF information in text form posted right on the face of each posted photo.

So we will begin with the HS-10 set. Please, left clink on the posted link to display each photo.

Sarah Joyce

http://anchorse.smugmug.com/Other/Fu...62_HRiZd-L.jpg