Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 28, 2010, 9:41 PM   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppingmad View Post
I've fired my hs10 up, and I have to question these ALLEGED 30x handheld photos.
IS continuous, or IS shooting only, (we were supposed to turn continuos off to save battery - correct?)all my images over 0x, are blurred. Assuming its an image stabil problem as it looks focused at 1x. Heck I haven't even figured out how to get the flash to work. When I press the joystick thing by the lightning bolt it say hold display to deactivate sound off, Must be hiding flash somewhere in the menus???????
I can assure you that if I tell you my 30x shots are handheld, they're handheld! You're insinuating that I, and a few others here, are liars. Not a nice way to start a relationship. Especially, when one is seeking the assistance of those being maligned.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 9:57 PM   #292

Quote:
I've fired my hs10 up, and I have to question these ALLEGED 30x handheld photos.
IS continuous, or IS shooting only, (we were supposed to turn continuos off to save battery - correct?)all my images over 0x, are blurred. Assuming its an image stabil problem as it looks focused at 1x. Heck I haven't even figured out how to get the flash to work. When I press the joystick thing by the lightning bolt it say hold display to deactivate sound off, Must be hiding flash somewhere in the menus???????
Here's a couple I took of my dogs at 30x handheld right after I took the camera out of the box......

lakensea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:20 PM   #293

Quote:
Image stabilization isn't magic - you have to assist it by bracing the camera properly. If you are near a door frame or a tree, lean up against it to steady yourself. If there is no handy support, brace your elbows against the front of your body - take a deep breath and hold it, or exhale slowly if you can't. Cradle the lens in your left hand, with your palm underneath the camera body, and don't stab the shutter button with the tip of your finger - hold the grip so that your index finger lies across the button, with the pad of the finger resting on it. Depress the button with a knuckle to tip rolling motion (analogous to a firearm trigger squeeze versus a pull) - failure to do this moves the camera and is the primary reason why pictures turn out not to be framed as they looked in the viewfinder. The longer the focal length, the greater the need for steadiness, because camera motion is magnified along with the image. Your steadiness will improve with practice, provided you develop the proper habits, which will eventually become second nature, so you can then concentrate on your subject instead of dividing your attention.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 2:00 AM   #294

Quote:
I have allegedly taken some handheld shots that have come out just great but about 6 times as many have come out blurred. It is unreasonable to expect handheld shots to come out sharp at long zoom.

If everything other than 1x zoom is blurred perhaps the light in your living room is not as good as you think and there is a slow shutterspeed?
Cornwall David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 5:19 AM   #295

After work will have to try a few more of your suggestions. Thanks

gjtoth, I did say anything over 1x was blurred, thereby implying it was a problem at my end, or so I thought.

For future reference, the dear departed sony camera successfully made the shoot at 20x in the past. So at least from the sony comparison there's approximately enough light and a near enough steadiness in my wrist.

popping up the flash didn't work.
Elsewhere here mtclimber discussed resetting the camera, did see reset in a menu, would that be a good choice now? before further exploring.
hoppingmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 5:05 PM   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by staats View Post
Well I'm kind of disapointed about that fact since I did want the automatic stuff to be pretty good. It IS supposed to be a Point & Shoot. But I'm still working on it. You're doing great with this camera!

Bob S.
Do the firmware update , you will see....big improvement
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:42 AM   #297

Default New review - not so good

Looky looky...

http://www.photoreview.com.au/Fujifi...epix-hs10.aspx

It is not that positive !
Claus
Tresman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:24 PM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint View Post
Do the firmware update , you will see....big improvement
A misunderstanding I'm afraid. I have a S200EXR.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:33 PM   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresman View Post
Looky looky...

http://www.photoreview.com.au/Fujifi...epix-hs10.aspx

It is not that positive !
Claus
Mmm, they can copy very well, and they compare it more than once with a DSLR , did they do the firmware update ? NO

What do all these graphs mean when we all see the great pictures posted here ? right you have statistics and you have real pictures taken with the same camera ! if everyone says " these pictures look great" who cares about a not objective review .
Nothing positive is said, and sadly at the end they say "Fuji has released a firmware update a day before this review was published, what moron does not do the update and run some more shots to test ? oh yeah this one who probably never liked it from the beginning.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:34 PM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by staats View Post
A misunderstanding I'm afraid. I have a S200EXR.
Sorry my mistake Staats