Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:59 AM   #11

Hello,

The P mode is a safe mode to use for amateurs like me.
It's important the ISO is set correct, DR, tone, sharpening, EV etc. Than one get's nice results. I use to set the camera in the aperture mode in order to get a nice DOF but I noticed the 10 creates a special kind of DOF in P mode. I've never seen this before and it looks very nice indeed. Maybe it has something to do with the long reach of the excellent Fujinon lense. This camera surprises me and I think it's the best bridgecam Fuji ever made.

Regards,

guus
guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:33 AM   #12

Guus thanks for your comments and observations.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:12 AM   #13

Glad you enjoying the camera. I recently visited amazon and have been reading up on some user reviews. Most like the camera but the picky ones don't and they pick on little thinks like battery life giving it a lower score. You can increase battery life on the camera by using the correct brand and nimh. Also, changing settings in camera like brightness and the way it focuses and when it does it. I pretty much dislike people why talk about the little things without adjusting the camera for optimal usage.

You got it right starting usage p mode and I know you will enjoy it further as I have with older and more inferior cameras made by fuji.

Have fun dude!

Ohh god I'm reading this and typing this on my cellphone sorry for bad grammer. Lol...having cofee at mcdonalds which is second to 7-eleven coffe and far better than ashtray tasting coffee from starbucks

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 14, 2010 at 12:20 PM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:24 AM   #14

Hello Cresho,

Yes, batterylife is not THAT important, although batterylife of the 10 is not bad. I'm going to use rechargebles.
Other features are much more important.
Thank you for your kind words and have fun taking pictures.
I will for sure with this little giant.

Regards,

guus
guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:00 PM   #15

Thank you guus, for your reply to my questions... All the folks here have been really so helpful.. This is definitely one of the better forums I've been on.

I only asked about the battery life because there was this bloke on dpreview who said he went through 2-3 sets to take 200 photos... Must have been something wrong with his batteries..
CraXJaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraXJaX View Post
Thank you guus, for your reply to my questions... All the folks here have been really so helpful.. This is definitely one of the better forums I've been on.

I only asked about the battery life because there was this bloke on dpreview who said he went through 2-3 sets to take 200 photos... Must have been something wrong with his batteries..

He is just throwing water against the wind blowing at 150mph.

Listen..reduce brightness on the screen, you have that auto evf and lcd option. secondly, change your focus to afs and not continous focus, thirdly, turn off some of the useless sensors if you use the camera during the day like the af illuminator, fourthly, the evf and lcd mode to 30fps. ae lock mode use l2. there are more options and becuase the motor is used less and also the brightness is slightly reduced, your battery will go further.

get some nimh batteries or lithium if compatible.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ium+aa&x=0&y=0

also a 15 minute charger. I been using it for a long time and no problems. The trick is not to pull the battery out on these things after a 15 minute recharge cuz the fans cool the core down. If you pull while hot, you can ruin them. Make sure the charger is compatible with batteries too.

PEACE!

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 14, 2010 at 1:41 PM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:18 PM   #17

Those are really good tips, Cresho, thanks a lot..
CraXJaX is offline   Reply With Quote