Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by daved163 View Post
Also, I personally like the HS10 using AAs. I know many don't but at least you can pack a set of photo lithiums (e.g. Energizer) to use in an emergency and these will far outlast even the best alkalines.
Yeah I don't like to buy any cameras with special batteries either. There is usually SOMETHING which makes them an extra hassle.
SuperGrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:22 PM   #12

I use multiple cameras and multiple flashes. I have found that Hybrid batteries, whether that be from Ross, Sanyo, or Ray-o-Vac perform better and last longer.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:48 PM   #13

I'd like to add that from my experience with eneloops useage in my old Fuji S9100 is that in cold weather the batteries held a charge better and lasted longer for me giving me more shots in cold weather than other battery types would. The ones I was using were rated at 2000mha and seemed to have the same punch as a set of 2700mha rechargeable batteries.dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 6:11 AM   #14

Okay I ordered myself 8 eneloops and an intelligent charger. The lifetime of the non-rechargeable alkalines are way too short; perhaps temperature has got something to with it, but I got a fresh set of batteries in the red zone after less than 45 minutes (HS10), and I wasn't shooting very frequently.. Hopefully the eneloop batteries will do me better
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:25 AM   #15

Does anyone recommend a link for where to get the best deal and service in ordering a set of eneloops? Also, is it possible to use any brand of AA battery charger with any brand of hybrid AA?
Ganibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 11:00 AM   #16
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
I use eneloops on my point and shoot, and my external flash, and they last forever! Reg aa(non rechargeable) last less than one day in my p&s, where the rechargeables last up to three weeks if I don't use the flash a lot. I can't remember the last time I charged the four in my sony HVL-F42AM. Yes, I like Eneloops, but others may be as good, do your research.
I've seen reports of faster recycle times with some flash models using Eneloops or similar hybrid rechargeables, too. That seems to have something to do with their lower internal resistance compared to typical NiMH type batteries.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:12 PM   #17

I've ordered them from bhphotovideo and thomasdributing.com in the past

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 1:47 PM   #18

Amazon.com curently has a "special" on an 8 pack of Eneloops for $20.07. And yes, Eneloops can be charged on any regular charger. No special charger is required.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 4:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbaron View Post
Okay I ordered myself 8 eneloops and an intelligent charger. The lifetime of the non-rechargeable alkalines are way too short; perhaps temperature has got something to with it, but I got a fresh set of batteries in the red zone after less than 45 minutes (HS10), and I wasn't shooting very frequently.. Hopefully the eneloop batteries will do me better
wasn't the temp. high current draw kills alkaline. they were designed for mp3 players, small radios... any NiMH would be better.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:08 PM   #20

amazon and bh have a $23 package 8aa 4aaa charger and c & d adapters.

Im planning on throwing the c&d things away.
hoppingmad is offline   Reply With Quote