Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:38 PM   #1

Default Fuji HS and Newegg Issues

I was told my camera would be shipped out today from newegg since I pre-ordered it. Then about 15 minutes ago got an e-mail saying my order can not be filled because the item is out of stock and it will be at 4 to 6 weeks before they enough to fill the pre-orders. I am going to call in AM and cancel order and try to order from bhphotovideo

Did anyone who ordered from newegg get it shipped today

David
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:07 PM   #2

That does not sound good, Dave-

The bright side is that B&H seems to have a good inventory and they are offering 3 day UPS shipping for $11.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
That does not sound good, Dave-

The bright side is that B&H seems to have a good inventory and they are offering 3 day UPS shipping for $11.

Sarah Joyce
That's where I got mine. Shipping is FAST!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:42 PM   #4

Update via another e-mail I just received dated 04-15-10 at 4:30pm PT (pacific time USA)..... our first shipment of cameras should be in by the close of Monday. They will be processed based on the order in which the pre-orders were placed. We are sorry but becausewe got 3x the number of pre orders were were expecting some orders will not be able to be filled at this time. You will find out by close of business Tuesday if your order will be shipped or if you are still on pre-order/back order status. After duscussion with Fuji we believe all pre orders can be filled within 4 weeks........

I went back and checked and the first e-mail I got slightly eariler was dated 04-15-10 2:30pm PT.

dave
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:20 AM   #5

I jumped ship and have ordered from bhphotovideo.com which has several more cameras in stock as of 10:15am Friday morning. Camera should be here Tuesday morning. They have an $11 3 day ship that looks good, that is what I used. Sure newegg.com had free shipping and then $2.99 3 days ship, but if they can't get the cameras in to ship out then whats the use.

I guess when they had the earthquake in Mexico recently it messed up their shipping port because all their stuff comes through San Deigo and they are having trouble getting things in on time across the board.

dave

Last edited by Photo 5; Apr 16, 2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:27 AM   #6

I ordered mine on Thursday evening from B&H and received notification along with a tracking number on Friday morning that it has shipped. As previously stated, B&H is shipping UPS three day delivery for $11.
Ganibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:54 AM   #7

I ordered just after 10am and they are showing its ready to ship in the tracking info already.... now hows that for under an hour. Never had an issue with newegg till now.

dave
Old Apr 16, 2010, 1:01 PM   #8

Hey I just wanted to set the record straight and say that I am not slamming newegg.com. This is the first real time I have really had problems with them and have been using them off and on (along with bhphotovideo) since 2005. Normally they are very accurate and fast to ship.

dave

Last edited by Photo 5; Apr 16, 2010 at 1:15 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 1:53 PM   #9

I agree, Dave-

I like Newegg. However, getting Fuji to supply HS-10 inventory seems to have become something of a struggle. So I understand that you are not blaming Newegg per se.

Have a great weekend.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote