Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 19, 2010, 5:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
I seen both canon and Fuji in action with raw video files...hs10 is far better.
Show me a HS10 1080p native video file as good as the 332mb native 1080p Canon SX 1 IS file posted here:
http://vimeo.com/3099292

jogiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:14 PM   #12

the canon video you showed was really bad. that top video is really bad.

you look at these. look way at the bottom. I posted these long ago and am not going to waste my time. I proved my point years ago. It took panasonic this long to get something descent out. and in low light too just to prove my point. under a 30 watt bulb

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=529871&page=6

I'm far more advanced than 99 percent of the users here. Look at my os.....look at the pics, you can see how far beyond i am. this is years ago. look how blurry your images are. These pics are so old its not even funny. zoom in and tell me these pics off real video in low light is not good. the first one is dvd quality off a dvd copy made. the second and third are 1080. LOOKCLOSE...this is silly.

Look at the images. It is a 30 watt bulb. Very low light, look through the various pics....and your telling me that those shots that you posted are good? laughable. You must be using a really bad monitor. my smallest monitor in my home is this one27 inch. hp 2709m. It picks any kinds of problems up. And please don't tell me you are using a high def monitor cuz i'll laugh. and anything related to a mac sucks....really. draconian...my phone even sends iphones running to the hills. Even iphone users put the phone back in the pocket after looking at my modified g1. Yes first generation even pees on it. So many things happen when it becomes a free device and not in the hands of a company...draconian.

compare that apple driven software shot to the 1080 i put up ..the third pick and you tell me my pic isnt better. rediculous.

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 20, 2010 at 12:02 PM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:34 PM   #13

ohh and one last thing...those arent 1080p. they are 720p upscaled. now imagine 1080p.....BANG! also, if you ever seen 120hz monitors playback old dvd's at smooth framerates and i mean over 100, these videos are 60fps. badabang! I just remembered those shots where old and used wrong ones in the sample. forum locked down for archiving and was unable to modify.

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 20, 2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 7:03 PM   #14

those hs10 slow motions on utube
Didn't say what resolution, as the camera increases fps are we discussing smaller images.
I read elsewhere at this hs10 site camera is slow to record images to sd card

Wife is interested in new point and shoot, 20+ zoom, I have always wanted to play with slow motion
I can't say I found any slow motion answers at the fuji site, they might be there but I didnt find them
At least here I have a few folks with the camera in there hands
hoppingmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 7:10 PM   #15

This the only high speed video under $600?
hoppingmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:40 PM   #16

Quote:
ohh and one last thing...those arent 1080p. they are 720p upscaled. now imagine 1080p.....BANG! also, if you ever seen 120hz monitors playback old dvd's at smooth framerates and i mean over 100, these videos are 60fps. badabang! I just remembered those shots where old and used wrong ones in the sample. forum locked down for archiving and was unable to modify.
Get a clue already, that 332mb SX1 IS native 1080p30 file that you have to download has a H.264 data rate of 42.96mbits/sec that is the same as the Canon 5F MKII full frame DSLR's 1080p30 mode. And were is the great HS10 1080p videos ? The HS10 data rate is less than half that of the SX1.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogiba View Post
Get a clue already, that 332mb SX1 IS native 1080p30 file that you have to download has a H.264 data rate of 42.96mbits/sec that is the same as the Canon 5F MKII full frame DSLR's 1080p30 mode. And were is the great HS10 1080p videos ? The HS10 data rate is less than half that of the SX1.

uhh..bigger data rate means poorer compression due to poor cpu. or it just means they like using big files for quality. BUt show me an ocean or river shot and ill point all the defect from the compression. crappy. I don't know what your proving. Your comparing apples and cherries.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 4:03 PM   #18

Quote:
uhh..bigger data rate means poorer compression due to poor cpu. or it just means they like using big files for quality. BUt show me an ocean or river shot and ill point all the defect from the compression. crappy. I don't know what your proving. Your comparing apples and cherries.
Are YOU brain dead or what ? You said it's 720p upscaled to 1080p. And were is the HS10 videos ?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 4:09 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppingmad View Post
This the only high speed video under $600?

Casio Exilim EX-FH25 High-Speed 20x Zoom Digital Camera $389.95 w/1000fps

Old Apr 20, 2010, 4:23 PM   #20

OK so we are not going to make TV quality movies with it LOL But to me the slow motion videos are great fun, I have one of a rather blurry bee (my fault!) but I can see its wings beating. Now to me a CAMERA that has this as an additional feature is great, and brings extra enjoyment to owning this camera.
Cornwall David is offline   Reply With Quote