Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 19, 2010, 2:30 AM   #1

Default My S200exr:Color of Spring

Last edited by robinrater; Apr 19, 2010 at 3:20 AM.
robinrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2010, 4:35 AM   #2

Very nice shots. I have a s200exr and love it to death.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:48 AM   #3

Thanks for posting-

That is a nice selection of springtime shots.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 8:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
Very nice shots. I have a s200exr and love it to death.
Thanks Cresho,I find the camera suit to me very much.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 8:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Thanks for posting-

That is a nice selection of springtime shots.

Sarah Joyce
Thank Sarah,fuji-style Color is my favor,P3、P4 and P5 I used homemade close-up glass which made by a objective glass of rifle scope.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 8:36 PM   #6

I wish my S200EXR could take pictures like that. This set of shots does it for me. I have struggled for quite some time now with this camera but try as I may it just won't even begin to take clear pictures. I think I must have a dud. My 10 year old Fujifilm does a better job.

Inspired by those moon shots taken with the HS10 (hand held) I tried about 100 shots tonight on my very nice tripod of the NYC skyline and on every conceivable mode that camera has to offer (probably too many) it just sucks. It's always blurry. In bright sunlight some of the hand held pictures are OK but none look really crisp.

So how do I go about exchanging this via Fujifilm? I guess I need to try that first to see if it's the camera. If it's me, fine, I've taken plenty of decent pictures with other cameras before but none I want to keep with this one.

Bob S.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 9:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by staats View Post
I wish my S200EXR could take pictures like that. This set of shots does it for me. I have struggled for quite some time now with this camera but try as I may it just won't even begin to take clear pictures. I think I must have a dud. My 10 year old Fujifilm does a better job.

Inspired by those moon shots taken with the HS10 (hand held) I tried about 100 shots tonight on my very nice tripod of the NYC skyline and on every conceivable mode that camera has to offer (probably too many) it just sucks. It's always blurry. In bright sunlight some of the hand held pictures are OK but none look really crisp.

So how do I go about exchanging this via Fujifilm? I guess I need to try that first to see if it's the camera. If it's me, fine, I've taken plenty of decent pictures with other cameras before but none I want to keep with this one.

Bob S.

I can't do night shots either. I don't know how. Ill post one before and probably use some suggested settings from another forum for moon shots..before and after if its clear.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 9:50 PM   #8

Quote:

Bob S.
To shot moon,if full moon ,the set as follow will be good:1/250s,f5.3,iso100
it's my shot:
Old Apr 19, 2010, 9:56 PM   #9

Quote:

Bob S.
For better using s200exr, learn more photography knowledge is very necessary, you never use it as a instamatic DC
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:02 PM   #10

I was able to do them on film free hand and have lot's of very nice ones of Florence so why in the hell is THIS camera so difficult? That HS10 shot of the moon (assuming it's real) certainly turned out very nice.

I tried the program (night) & (night with tripod) modes and they were just awful. Even the exposure wasn't all that terrific. Blurry as hell. The EXR full Auto was the best and it still wasn't very good. I tried Aperature Priority as well with quite a few ISO settings up to 800. Yuck!

I have a very solid but older Gitza tripod but I don't have a remote release. Perhaps I should try using the timer function?

Wind was very light but there was a bit of wind?

Still, I don't think I could get daylight photos like those in this thread either. I didn't notice but I assume they were done with a tripod?

One thing I have wondered about this camera is how it is so frequently merging multiple shots to create a supposed better shot. In really bright light it does end up getting shots that would seem difficult. It does it in a lot of different modes not just EXR. Pro Focus mode certainly requires a tripod.

I suspect this camera is merging multiple images a lot more than one might suspect. Well if you're moving at all then it seems like merging them will end up creating a somewhat blurred image no?

I certainly noticed that the first time I took a hand held shot in pro focus mode of my Parakeet when she moved. She ended up with 3 heads! That was my error though.

Bob S.

Last edited by staats; Apr 19, 2010 at 10:11 PM.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote