Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:16 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
sprint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Belgium ( that's in Europe) :-))
Posts: 178
Default

Well i will try to do them again , this morning there was quit a lot of wind, so no tripod and just shooting pics with bad light , is not a good a example,sorry guys, i am just a beginner.
__________________
Fuji HS-20, Hoya uv-0. Nikon D90, 50 mm f 1.8 ,18-200 VR, SB800, MD80, and a bunch of AA batteries.
sprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:15 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydude View Post
Had my HS10 for 3 days then sent it back, took over 300 photos and had various 'issues'. Very poor on the wideangle. Trees,grass,flowers all poor. Focus was soft in the centre and getting steadily worse towards the out side. Sent it back to QVC and picked up an FZ38. Which I must say is excellent
Good. I happy for you. Enjoy yourself.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:19 PM   #23
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 74
Default

What is reinforced from all this is that no one camera can do it all.. Every model has its weaknesses and strengths. Especially if you're talking about the sub $1000 range...
I'm sure the HS-10 can do a whole lot more than the other cameras in its league (even if we leave out the 30x zoom)..
CraXJaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 7:51 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,196
Default

Hehe, there are 4 long pages with HS10 photos, most out of camera, made by a guy (Dave Lloyd, Thailand), WHO IT CAN!

If someone says, HS10 is bad, then he is a (scooby)dude!

http://www.pixplanet.biz/Posting-stuff_HS10_03.htm
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 8:25 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraXJaX View Post
What is reinforced from all this is that no one camera can do it all.. Every model has its weaknesses and strengths. Especially if you're talking about the sub $1000 range...
I'm sure the HS-10 can do a whole lot more than the other cameras in its league (even if we leave out the 30x zoom)..
I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned on SEVERAL of the threads concerning the HS-10 and probably other cameras as well. But, yes, it's a valid point to bear in mind when contemplating ANY camera purchase.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 7:55 AM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
Default

Hello,

New here and don't want to bash any camera - but I did send my HS back. My experiences were that at moderate to high zooms, the performance was outstanding. At wide angle, the focus was soft and smeary. At wide angle, there seemed to be a tendency to under expose. I did not notice any difference before/after the firmware upgrade. There are photographers who are getting stunning results from their HS10s - though the ones I see from Mr Lloyd are mostly not wide angle and the days seem very bright - not at all like the grey days that are a feature of the UK - so I do wonder if the HS10 has a sweet spot for bright days and moderate to high zooms and does not favour wide angle, grey days with foliage! I also wonder if there are good ones and bad ones.

Clive
roadcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 9:48 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcone View Post
Hello,

New here and don't want to bash any camera - but I did send my HS back. My experiences were that at moderate to high zooms, the performance was outstanding. At wide angle, the focus was soft and smeary. At wide angle, there seemed to be a tendency to under expose. I did not notice any difference before/after the firmware upgrade. There are photographers who are getting stunning results from their HS10s - though the ones I see from Mr Lloyd are mostly not wide angle and the days seem very bright - not at all like the grey days that are a feature of the UK - so I do wonder if the HS10 has a sweet spot for bright days and moderate to high zooms and does not favour wide angle, grey days with foliage! I also wonder if there are good ones and bad ones.

Clive
Did you send it back before or after the firmware upgrade?
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 2:14 PM   #28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Did you send it back before or after the firmware upgrade?
After the firmware upgrade. I took a photo of a local cinema, Cineworld, from a waste bin at wide angle on a grey and cloudy but very bright day. The photo was very soft and fuzzy and under-exposed. I put the camera _on_ the bin and zoomed in to the front of the cinema and took a fully zoomed photo of a film poster. That was clean and clear and tolerated being blown up to clearly read even some of the smaller print on the poster. I took a longish zoom of a security camera - grey against a bright but grey sky and it was crisp.

I took a fully zoomed photo across a small river five minutes later and got a crisp shot of a discarded fast food container.

Late afternoon I took a wide angle (though not fully wide) street photo of parked cars and bushes/hedges from my first-floor window - the photo was poorly focussed.

I need to work out how to post images here.
roadcone is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.