Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:16 AM   #21

Well i will try to do them again , this morning there was quit a lot of wind, so no tripod and just shooting pics with bad light , is not a good a example,sorry guys, i am just a beginner.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:15 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydude View Post
Had my HS10 for 3 days then sent it back, took over 300 photos and had various 'issues'. Very poor on the wideangle. Trees,grass,flowers all poor. Focus was soft in the centre and getting steadily worse towards the out side. Sent it back to QVC and picked up an FZ38. Which I must say is excellent
Good. I happy for you. Enjoy yourself.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:19 PM   #23

What is reinforced from all this is that no one camera can do it all.. Every model has its weaknesses and strengths. Especially if you're talking about the sub $1000 range...
I'm sure the HS-10 can do a whole lot more than the other cameras in its league (even if we leave out the 30x zoom)..
CraXJaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 7:51 AM   #24

Hehe, there are 4 long pages with HS10 photos, most out of camera, made by a guy (Dave Lloyd, Thailand), WHO IT CAN!

If someone says, HS10 is bad, then he is a (scooby)dude!

http://www.pixplanet.biz/Posting-stuff_HS10_03.htm
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 8:25 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraXJaX View Post
What is reinforced from all this is that no one camera can do it all.. Every model has its weaknesses and strengths. Especially if you're talking about the sub $1000 range...
I'm sure the HS-10 can do a whole lot more than the other cameras in its league (even if we leave out the 30x zoom)..
I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned on SEVERAL of the threads concerning the HS-10 and probably other cameras as well. But, yes, it's a valid point to bear in mind when contemplating ANY camera purchase.
My Gallery

--
Old May 2, 2010, 7:55 AM   #26

Hello,

New here and don't want to bash any camera - but I did send my HS back. My experiences were that at moderate to high zooms, the performance was outstanding. At wide angle, the focus was soft and smeary. At wide angle, there seemed to be a tendency to under expose. I did not notice any difference before/after the firmware upgrade. There are photographers who are getting stunning results from their HS10s - though the ones I see from Mr Lloyd are mostly not wide angle and the days seem very bright - not at all like the grey days that are a feature of the UK - so I do wonder if the HS10 has a sweet spot for bright days and moderate to high zooms and does not favour wide angle, grey days with foliage! I also wonder if there are good ones and bad ones.

Clive
roadcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 9:48 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcone View Post
Hello,

New here and don't want to bash any camera - but I did send my HS back. My experiences were that at moderate to high zooms, the performance was outstanding. At wide angle, the focus was soft and smeary. At wide angle, there seemed to be a tendency to under expose. I did not notice any difference before/after the firmware upgrade. There are photographers who are getting stunning results from their HS10s - though the ones I see from Mr Lloyd are mostly not wide angle and the days seem very bright - not at all like the grey days that are a feature of the UK - so I do wonder if the HS10 has a sweet spot for bright days and moderate to high zooms and does not favour wide angle, grey days with foliage! I also wonder if there are good ones and bad ones.

Clive
Did you send it back before or after the firmware upgrade?
My Gallery

--
Old May 3, 2010, 2:14 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Did you send it back before or after the firmware upgrade?
After the firmware upgrade. I took a photo of a local cinema, Cineworld, from a waste bin at wide angle on a grey and cloudy but very bright day. The photo was very soft and fuzzy and under-exposed. I put the camera _on_ the bin and zoomed in to the front of the cinema and took a fully zoomed photo of a film poster. That was clean and clear and tolerated being blown up to clearly read even some of the smaller print on the poster. I took a longish zoom of a security camera - grey against a bright but grey sky and it was crisp.

I took a fully zoomed photo across a small river five minutes later and got a crisp shot of a discarded fast food container.

Late afternoon I took a wide angle (though not fully wide) street photo of parked cars and bushes/hedges from my first-floor window - the photo was poorly focussed.

I need to work out how to post images here.
roadcone is offline   Reply With Quote