Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:24 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
That's what I mean. Using the scenes, you lose control of the camera. It tells YOU what to do instead of YOU tell IT. Might serve some purpose down the line. I'll have to play with 'em.

I second this and you 2raj. I haven't tried sports mode since I left the scene dial a while ago. I'm almost leaving the p mode and going straight to manual most of the time or 30 percent more like it. Fun stuff!
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
I second this and you 2raj. I haven't tried sports mode since I left the scene dial a while ago. I'm almost leaving the p mode and going straight to manual most of the time or 30 percent more like it. Fun stuff!
About a year ago, Mark1616 & Harrim talked me into "trying" manual mode. It took a little getting-use-to but I have looked back since. On some cameras, the Oly SP570 for one, it's the only thing that will produce really good to great images.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:47 AM   #13

I think I've come to that realization with my S200EXR. In fact, the various program modes and scenic positions seem to work horribly on mine in many situations. It's rather dissapointing.

The Last 6 in burst mode is pretty neat though. I assume that the HS10 has a simiular feature?

That big lens is the thing isn't it?

I'll be curious to hear about how well some of the fancier features like moving object removal, panorama stiching etc. actually work on this camera.

Bob S.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:05 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by staats View Post
I think I've come to that realization with my S200EXR. In fact, the various program modes and scenic positions seem to work horribly on mine in many situations. It's rather dissapointing.

The Last 6 in burst mode is pretty neat though. I assume that the HS10 has a simiular feature?

I'll be curious to hear about how well some of the fancier features like moving object removal, panorama stiching etc. actually work on this camera.

Bob S.
It does, indeed. It has a few of them like that. Haven't tried the moving object removal option yet (although, I *should* have at the aircraft exhibition!). The pano is a little trickier than I thought it would be. It works, don't get me wrong. It's another one of those "gotta get used to it" things.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:41 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by staats View Post

Bob S.
Bob - The BIG lens is the feature on this camera. There is a Top 7 and a Best Shot burst mode on this camera. They take a little getting used to. I haven't quite decided yet which I like better.

The Panorama, multi-shot composite and motion remover are nice gimmicks, but I don't think I'll be using those much. I can create better panoramas and composites in PS.
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:16 PM   #16

I use my top six during nights with no flash especially.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote