Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
what software are you using to reduce the size? The ones I post totally look different from what I see in yours. Mines are more blurry. I usually increase sharpness by 50 percent just to make the picture look like the one I have on my drive compared to the one uploaded to the web.

Is it resized or..you mentioned "cropped a little".
Both. I cropped this one about 7-10%. Resizing done with DigiKam during the upload to my webhost.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:27 PM   #12

OHHH!! a Linux user, using lucid lynx beta here. Glad to meet ya!

Ya I should of realized you been using a web host. I just checked your link and now I'm like DOH! Your pictures look sharp and great.

You know, these forums do something to the images after reducing the resolution and posting. It looks blurred compared to the one I see on my desktop. I'm starting to suspect anti-aliasing in the web browser must be different from the gwenview I use.

None the less, I guess ill be resizing and sharpening my images till they look identical. That flower shot made me ask cuz i posted some blurred and last night i just had to fix em.

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 21, 2010 at 12:30 PM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
OHHH!! a Linux user, using lucid lynx beta here. Glad to meet ya!

Ya I should of realized you been using a web host. I just checked your link and now I'm like DOH! Your pictures look sharp and great.

You know, these forums do something to the images after reducing the resolution and posting. It looks blurred compared to the one I see on my desktop. I'm starting to suspect anti-aliasing in the web browser must be different from the gwenview I use.

None the less, I guess ill be resizing and sharpening my images till they look identical. That flower shot made me ask cuz i posted some blurred and last night i just had to fix em.

Same distro here. There are a few Linux users here. JimC, the admin, is one. He turned me onto the latest version of DigiKam. Great stuff and it interfaces with the software use for my gallery. I'm currently using Piwigo for my gallery software as it's relatively flexible, super-easy to set up, FREE, and it interfaces with it's own PLoader or DigiKam. You'll have to download the headers and base files for KDE but Synaptic should handle all that for you.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 6:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Same distro here. There are a few Linux users here. JimC, the admin, is one. He turned me onto the latest version of DigiKam. Great stuff and it interfaces with the software use for my gallery. I'm currently using Piwigo for my gallery software as it's relatively flexible, super-easy to set up, FREE, and it interfaces with it's own PLoader or DigiKam. You'll have to download the headers and base files for KDE but Synaptic should handle all that for you.
Never heard of piwigo. Ill check it out once lucid linx becomes lts release within a week.

I been using linux since.......98
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote