Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:42 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydude View Post
Sent my hs10 back after 3 days and 300 photos. Wasn't impressed at all with the poor quality of the camera, soft pic's , poor IS , poor positoning of the mic's on the front just where your hands rub the cheap plastic , sticky zoom.......... Need I go on

I sold mine for $5000,-

Regards,

guus
Attached Images

guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 5:27 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by guus View Post
I sold mine for $5000,-
You were robbed!!!!!
Cornwall David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 9:44 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2raj View Post
Hi all. There is some heavy discussion going on DPR about the pros and cons of the HS10.

Some have returned it and are very loud about why they did it, almost to a point of bashing all the folks who are still hanging on to their HS10s.

I've had mine for about 2-weeks and I've had mixed results with my camera -- good and bad pics, and some quirkiness with the camera. Still haven't quite made up my mind about keeping it.

Here are my latest pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/nidwannaya/ForthWorthZoo#

There are still no good professional reviews available for the camera so I was wondering if any on this forum have returned their HS10 or are planning to do so soon. And what are the reasons for doing so.

Not looking for HS10 bashing, just honest opinions.
raj, the pics you got with good even lighting are very good. do you shoot in raw? i love the silverback shot! this is exactly why i am looking for a superzoom. none of my flamingo pics with my dlsr were very good (at our local zoo) because the birds were too far away. your pics, as much as anything i have read, have helped confirm my choice of the hs10. now if the price will just come down a little . . .
ellenfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 10:18 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenfl View Post
raj, the pics you got with good even lighting are very good. do you shoot in raw? i love the silverback shot! this is exactly why i am looking for a superzoom. none of my flamingo pics with my dlsr were very good (at our local zoo) because the birds were too far away. your pics, as much as anything i have read, have helped confirm my choice of the hs10. now if the price will just come down a little . . .
ellenfl - I shot all of those pics in JPG, haven't played with RAW much because it's not supported in Aperture or Photoshop yet.

Glad you liked the pics, the zoom gives me a lot of flexibility in getting close-ups and framing the shot like I want to, instead of cropping later.
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote