Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:37 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresman View Post
Hi Leon
And welcome to the Forum...
I can see on your website that you also have FZ38 - how is your feeling about that?
Claus

Very nice cam.
Next week a new gallery on my site about the FZ38.

Also clearly HD video on this Panasonic.

greetings,
Leon. (dutchman)
LeonDorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:47 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7
Default

You can see allready a sample video on You Tube.
Taken with a FZ38, last year in Germany

(also at HD)

see @

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8dUVCm1H8Y
LeonDorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 4:04 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
greenbaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonDorsey View Post
You can see allready a sample video on You Tube.
Taken with a FZ38, last year in Germany

(also at HD)

see @

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8dUVCm1H8Y
If you're gonna love video, you'll soon be very disappointed with the fz38, and start a new thread in the panasonic point 'n shoot forum about the camera being broken and showing nasty vertical streaks of light where highlights occur. Unless you had done your homework and realized it's a cmos vs ccd matter..

Had you done your homework on the HS10, you could have known in advance the videofunction wasn't going to be brilliant.

If you've owned so many camera's, you could have known every single one requires some getting used to, and not a single one can be judged in a day or two.. Unless you dispose of them in a day or two

I agree, a good videofunction is worth a lot, and it works best with electronic driven zoom. But to start a new thread to discourage people to buy the cam in general just because of that, and reasons that have been proven incorrect.. Sounds like you're hurt by all this I'd recommend a Polish vodka -Zubrówka is very good- It helps
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 4:09 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonDorsey View Post
Very nice cam.
Next week a new gallery on my site about the FZ38.

Also clearly HD video on this Panasonic.

greetings,
Leon. (dutchman)
If you want video, buy a video camera! The HS-10 is a STILL camera. Why in the world would you buy a still camera to shoot video?!?

As GB has suggested -- vodka.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 5:17 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Decatur, GA
Posts: 2,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
so basically you are saying you bought the hs10 for action wildlife and sports and are disappointed?

hmm..... shocking
I've used mine for some fire rescue action work and it works just fine for me...... but I am not a regular sport photographer although I do a little tennis and baseball stuff from time to time.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 5:28 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonDorsey View Post
You can see allready a sample video on You Tube.
Taken with a FZ38, last year in Germany

(also at HD)

see @

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8dUVCm1H8Y
ya this camera is horrible. Look at the purple ccd smear at the beginning of the video. It just can't handle it.

Other than that, it is nice.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 5:29 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbaron View Post
If you're gonna love video, you'll soon be very disappointed with the fz38, and start a new thread in the panasonic point 'n shoot forum about the camera being broken and showing nasty vertical streaks of light where highlights occur. Unless you had done your homework and realized it's a cmos vs ccd matter..

Had you done your homework on the HS10, you could have known in advance the videofunction wasn't going to be brilliant.

If you've owned so many camera's, you could have known every single one requires some getting used to, and not a single one can be judged in a day or two.. Unless you dispose of them in a day or two

I agree, a good videofunction is worth a lot, and it works best with electronic driven zoom. But to start a new thread to discourage people to buy the cam in general just because of that, and reasons that have been proven incorrect.. Sounds like you're hurt by all this I'd recommend a Polish vodka -Zubrówka is very good- It helps

CCD smear totally destroys it.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 5:51 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 195
Default

FZ35 also have it's setback in video, very dark in lowlight and if a flash goes off from another camera it leave a white smear on the HD video, but can be corrected in the convert to HD avi the white smear disappear all together. In sunlight & bright rooms it's an excellent HD Video. better than the HS10 will ever be.
Paul O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:41 AM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
Default

So, I have this camera and I totally hate it. The delay between pressing the button and taking the shot means I frequently miss what I want. I have to tell the flash to come on, I expected it to be automatic. Mostly though it is the delay between photos and when I first press the button. I admit, I loved my Canon Rebel. Wish I would have waited for a new one to come in instead of buying this one. Owned it for about 9 months now and I just hate it. Hate it.
taranagelhout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:57 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,196
Default

If you cannot work with HS10 then you should buy a HelloKittyCam. This is tailored for you.
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 AM.