Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:20 PM   #1

Default Fuji F70 images to computer "problem"

OK, so with my ol' trusty F10 I could just put the card in a card reader and pull the pics off of it via Window Explorer and dragging to a new folder. For whatever reason, with my F70 the only way my computer will 'see' the 'drive' is if if the card is left in the camera and then it is plugged into the USB port. Is this normal? New computer, 64bit, running Win7.

Any help with "for whatever reason" ? Guess I should try another computer first, but just wondered if anyone else has experienced this.
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie46227 View Post
OK, so with my ol' trusty F10 I could just put the card in a card reader and pull the pics off of it via Window Explorer and dragging to a new folder. For whatever reason, with my F70 the only way my computer will 'see' the 'drive' is if if the card is left in the camera and then it is plugged into the USB port. Is this normal? New computer, 64bit, running Win7.

Any help with "for whatever reason" ? Guess I should try another computer first, but just wondered if anyone else has experienced this.
Bad card reader? Plugs firmly in place? Drivers for the card reader (even though W7 *should* pick up on it)?
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:57 PM   #3

you can do 3 things.

1. buy a new sd card compatible with the pc/laptop cardreader
2. buy an external usb cardreader compatible with the sd card.
3. You can do this first and reformat the card just for the heck of it and hope it works.

You see, just because it's an sd card reader, don't expect all cards to work with it.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote