Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 4, 2010, 7:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakensea View Post
Got mine from BH, also - they had it in stock the entire time I was doing my research and deciding if I was going to purchase the HS10 (about a week, I think). Fast shipping and with the "Bill me later" option, I do not have too pay for it untill November with no interest - I should have the camera figured out by then!
I use BH also but I don't think they're going to take this camera back in November. Isn't it 30 days?

They might need a gun to get it away from you anyways ...

Bob S.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 8:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by staats View Post
I use BH also but I don't think they're going to take this camera back in November. Isn't it 30 days?

They might need a gun to get it away from you anyways ...

Bob S.
Bob,

B & H is 14 days - I meant that by the time I have to pay for it, I should be taking decent pictures. I pretty much new by "reading between the lines" of the forums that this would be about as perfect a camera for me as there is right now. I did not need SLR image quality, nor did I want to lug around the extra lenses (as I did 20-30 years ago). However I wanted a camera that would produce decent shots in auto modes (which it does), and have the ability to quickly and easily take advantage of the manual settings, which it does due to the abundance of buttons and controls right on the camera. My old Kodak DX6490 had that ability, but since all the settings were buried in menus, I very rarely took advantage of the manual capabilities, hence never really learned photography properly. What I had learned/figured out with my old Pentax SLR (20-30 years ago), I've long since forgotten. I also wanted a camera with a panorama mode with in-camera stiching, and of course, the mega zoom.

So the 14 day return policy was fine with me.

Gary
lakensea is offline   Reply With Quote