Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 6, 2010, 11:43 PM   #11

Default battery drain

in EXR Auto mode, "the camera continuously analyzes the scene trying to detect faces. The camera focuses continuously, increasing the drain on the battery. The sound of the camera focusing may be audible." (according to the PDF manual).

Having said that, I must say the drain seems much more than on my 'old' Fuji F10.

Last edited by Charlie46227; May 6, 2010 at 11:46 PM.
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2010, 11:27 AM   #12

Thanks for all the comments. I still sent it back. The battery short life (and sudden death ) kept worrying me. I will see what happens. Speaking of the sound I heard, it wasn't the sound you hear when the camera tries to focus, it was a sizzling sound, something like sausages on a frying pan. And I am dead serious here .

I hope they'll give me a refund, I will buy a brand new one then. Never more refurbished stuff
pablo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2010, 3:19 AM   #13

Sorry for writing post after post, but I have to to finish off the topic:
I finally returned the refurbished and bought a brand new F70. The battery behaves much more reasonably now.
I wonder though where I could show some of the photos I managed to take with my f70.
Any suggestions?
pablo11 is offline   Reply With Quote