Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 1, 2010, 11:41 AM   #1

Default F70 EXR - battery problem

Hello everyone.
This is my first post here. I just got my f70 as a present. My excitement however did not last long
I noticed my camera gest pretty hot after being used conntinually for some time. And additionally battery dies after about 130 pictures.
Are the above a standard behaviour or does this qualify for service?
Looking forward to some answers from the users of f70.
Thanks
pablo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2010, 11:56 AM   #2
Super Moderator

that is not normal at all.

i get over 300 pictures per charge on my F70EXR and I have never noticed it getting hot.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 4:01 PM   #3

So that means sth is wrong with it
Old May 1, 2010, 7:35 PM   #4
Super Moderator

yea, i would contact fuji and have them fix it for you.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 8:50 AM   #5

F70 will get little warm but not too hot to cause concern. The battery usually lasts for about 180 with a mix of flash photography. Also cycle a new battery atleast 3-5 times to reach its full potential.
archish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 2:09 PM   #6

Thanks for some hope-generating info.
Since you seem to know sth about batteries, there is one more thing that puzzles me.

The battery in my f70 behaves quite OK until one notch is gone from the battery status indicator. Once it happens, it dies really quickly.
I can take about 100 photos without any sign of battery dribbling, and then suddenly after about 50 mmore pgotos, it dies.
Is it a standard battery behaviour before it is rechaged 3-5 times as you suggested?

Thanks for all kind of info
Old May 4, 2010, 12:43 AM   #7

Depends if you are using flash photography. On non flash photo shoots I can easily shoot 250 pics.

After 4-5 cycles check if the problem is there else you can probably try to get the battery replaced. Also EXR Auto mode will drain the battery a lot. Avoid it if you can.
Old May 4, 2010, 8:29 AM   #8

Thanks for all the answers you have posted. Looks like it is much better after the 5th charging. Now my only concern is the camera getting warm. But maybe it's becasue of the flash that I extensively use. Without a flash it seems much cooler. Now I have 298 pics on the counter (I reset it after isnerting a charged battery) and the battery shows 2 notches (if that's the word I should use here - I am not a native speaker of English ). So it doesn't look so bad. The fact is though that I spared on the flash this time. I just kept shooting anything. Just to see how many pics I can squeze out of this darn battery
Old May 4, 2010, 9:01 AM   #9

Sorry for putting post under post. But there is another thing I would like to ask about. I know I may be pain in the neck , but it's still about this battery and the temperature. I have just noticed that when the camera is on in the shooting mode I can hear the battery almost sizzling when I press my ear against the camera body. That is pretty worryin. Do you experience the same?
Old May 4, 2010, 11:02 PM   #10

I don't think its the battery but maybe the processor in the camera...lol
I did hear very mild sizzling or buzzing sound when the cam is kept near the ear. Didn't bother about it though, have shot more than 2k pics and loads of video as of now.

The camera gets warm again due to the processor in the camera, not because of flash. On continuous flash shooting you will experience the battery also getting little warm which is due to the heavy drain and is normal.

I think you should stop worrying of cam and start shooting and enjoying