Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 2, 2010, 3:38 AM   #1

Default HS 10 1.01 Bad image quality?

There is still a lot of bashing on the HS 10 going on.
Even "professionel " reviews come to the conclusion that the HS 10 has bad image quality, even with the firmware-update (makes no difference they say).
I have had experience with the Fuji's S6000, the S100 fs, the S200 EXR and the F70 EXR and I can say that the HS 10 1.01 has the best image quality of them all.

Regards,

guus
Attached Images

guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2010, 3:53 AM   #2

People which cannot handle HS10 (thouuuusands) will have bad words, even after update 1.98 :-)

I always say to them: buy a Hello Kitty Cam or change your hobby ---> collecting stamps.
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 4:39 AM   #3

Do what I do... ignore them. You know better. YOU own the camera and know its capabilities. They don't own the camera and just write to make a little extra money hoping they won't get caught in their ignorance.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 5:41 AM   #4

My take on the HS10 so far - In spite of what Fuji may have hyped about it (I never read any of it), it is NOT an SLR. Once the pro's concede to that, they can realize it's full potential. Many, many years ago I had a nice 35mm SLR kit, but I do not think I ever was able to properly master it. After having a small digital, in 2002/3 I bought a Kodak DX6400, which I believe, at that time was considered a high end "bridge" camera (I think I also paid $500 for it). It had 10x zoom and plenty of manual controls, but they were buried in menus, so I very rarely used them. That camera was lost/stolen in March.

My reasons for purchasing the HS10, and what I believe are it's strong points:

30X zoom

In camera panorama stiching

Large, moveable LCD

Automatic switching view finder

And the most important feature is the abundance of quick control buttons on the camera - by not having to dig through menus to change settings, I will be able to re-learn (and learn what I never new) about manual settings on an SLR camera, and who knows, I may even step up to an SLR at some point (but I do not look forward to lugging all th lenses around again).

I think the camera should be promoted as a camera that an amature photographer can easily learn how to take better pictures without being intimidated by the cost and complexity of an SLR, and maybe step up to an SLR at some point - that way Fuji may end up selling two cameras to the same person.

That's my impression after playing with it for a week,and really only one day out shooting.

Gary
lakensea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 2:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
People which cannot handle HS10 (thouuuusands) will have bad words, even after update 1.98 :-)

I always say to them: buy a Hello Kitty Cam or change your hobby ---> collecting stamps.
Now I need to speak up I collect stamps - and like cameras that
take goooood fotos....
So I do both, let that be a lesson to you all !!
Claus
Tresman is offline   Reply With Quote