Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 2, 2010, 12:43 PM   #1

Default Fuji HS 10 - IQ: General Impression and VS Oly 570

Good morning /afternoon /evening to everyone,
I'm Igor from Italy, I'm an amateur photographer who in the years learned how to manage this hobby pretty well (like some pro_photographer told me).
Sorry, it can sound a little bit superb, but I'd like to better underline who I'm I and what I'm looking for.
Basically I shot photos during my travels: the subjects are landscapes, people, nature, wild life.
2 years ago I changed my "old" Fuji 5600 for an Oly 570 UZ believin' to have in this way a longer focal range (and it is) and a better IQ (and it is not).
80% of my Oly shots come out with pale colours, soft edges and the overall aspect doesn't look like a brilliant, sharp photo as I would have liked to have. As to reach this aspect they all need an heavy PP.
Even all the internal setting (sharpening, contrast, colours) of my camera were turned to max often, unlikely, I can't obtain any better than something that doesn't suits me.
I'm looking now to the new HS 10. I found "around in the web" a lot of photos made with this camera and they look so gorgeous, sharp, clear, bright and with stunning colours as I'd have liked to obtain from my Oly.
What stops me now to buy this camera are some PRO reviews (Ephotozine, Cameratown, Photoreview) that complains just with IQ that for me is a must!!!!
As additional information I don't print my shots, I can't go to an SLR (too much expensive and too much stuff to carry on, I travel with backpack and local transports), I don't like so much Pana (I know it's stupid but it's only a matter of look), I'm not a "pixel addicted" and I don't need to crop 100% my shots.
The only request is a brilliant results (off course I know it depends on light, regulations, knowledge of the camera, but at least my old Fuji worked better than my new Oly!!)
So, please, can anyone help me to understand if the HS10 can meet my needs or not??
I don't want to spend other money for "something wrong".

Thank's in advance
Igor
igorillo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2010, 1:20 PM   #2

HS10 IQ, see here!
Ed Bray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 1:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
Or, here

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fu...53-flight.html

Or, here

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fu...amba-rose.html

FWIW, I sold my Oly SP570UZ to offset the cost of the HS-10. I don't regret my decision for a minute. If you let the "experts" decide, you'll regret it.

And, then there's the zoom (all uncropped)

Full WA

Full zoom

Full zoom with the TCON-17!

And, let's have a look at the moon, shall we?

My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3

Last edited by gjtoth; May 2, 2010 at 2:43 PM.
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 3:40 PM   #4

thank to you and to the others for your precious help.
I just can't explain how the IQ can be reviewed as bad.
Sounds to me so strange. Maybe "pixeling and cropping" the IQ doesn't match as a SLR, but it is largely enough for my needs and for sure much much much better than my Oly.
igorillo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 3:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorillo71 View Post
thank to you and to the others for your precious help.
I just can't explain how the IQ can be reviewed as bad.
Sounds to me so strange. Maybe "pixeling and cropping" the IQ doesn't match as a SLR, but it is largely enough for my needs and for sure much much much better than my Oly.
Glad to be of assistance, Igor. Post some pictures from your new HS-10 when you receive it!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote