Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 3, 2010, 8:20 PM   #1

Default HS10 review

Hey all - I have a bad habit of erasing photos that are really not going to be worth keeping while they are still on the card. I don't know why I need to do this, I know it eats at the batteries etc., but I do it. Anyway, when I do this on the HS10, it ALWAYS goes back to the beginning of the photos that are on the card, instead of going back to wherever you were when you chose to erase. So if I have 100 pix on the card, and I erase #50, it goes back to #1, and I have to scroll through 49 pix before I get back to where I left off. Anyone know how to stop this from happening? Alternatively, is there a patch or gum or something for me, so I can stop erasing from the card?
andytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2010, 8:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andytree View Post
Hey all - I have a bad habit of erasing photos that are really not going to be worth keeping while they are still on the card. I don't know why I need to do this, I know it eats at the batteries etc., but I do it. Anyway, when I do this on the HS10, it ALWAYS goes back to the beginning of the photos that are on the card, instead of going back to wherever you were when you chose to erase. So if I have 100 pix on the card, and I erase #50, it goes back to #1, and I have to scroll through 49 pix before I get back to where I left off. Anyone know how to stop this from happening? Alternatively, is there a patch or gum or something for me, so I can stop erasing from the card?
Do the firmware update to cure this issue.
lakensea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 8:56 PM   #3

ok - how? download something and then plug into the puter? I have a Mac, will it work?

Last edited by andytree; May 3, 2010 at 9:03 PM.
andytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 9:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andytree View Post
ok - how? download something and then plug into the puter? I have a Mac, will it work?
The Fujifilm website has step-by-step instructions, Andy. It's a snap but make sure you follow the instructions to the letter.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 9:24 PM   #5

Yeah I have a Mac and it fixed it all up. If you have a card reader it is a lot easier.
SuperGrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 8:46 AM   #6

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digi...hs10/fupd.html
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 9:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakensea View Post
Do the firmware update to cure this issue.
Yes, I updated mine and it fixed the delete bug. I am on a Mac and all I did was download and copy the DAT to a newly formatted SD card using a card reader, then followed the Fuji instructions. It worked without any problems.

All issues I've read regarding unsuccessful updates were related to not using fully charged batteries. So make sure you have a fresh set in the camera.
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote