Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 4, 2010, 1:24 PM   #1

Default HS 10 - Green Baron I need your help or anyone here in the forum!

Congratulations Green Baron, your shots looks impressive.
I like everything, the composition is amazing, that's really make the difference.
But I have a question because your shots that looks so crips are sharpend.
The questions is "how they look without PP?". I'm not intend to crop any shots 100% but I'm interested as they "look" on screen.
Too soft or with "sharp edges" as some where in internet they appear?

Thank you to you Green Baron and to everyone in this wonderful forum can help me.

Thank youuuu
igorillo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2010, 8:49 AM   #2

igorillo-

The shots right out of the HS-10 are not bad at all. However, like any photos, they can be improved to have added sharpness, and a bit of pop, or crispness as you call it. I tech Adobe Photoshop Elements professionally so it takes just a few seconds of work to get the effect I desire.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 3:23 PM   #3

I am using Abode Photo Shop Elements 7.0 and Noise Ninja version 2 to do any editing I need. I use MS Picture Manager as a way to cull my photos after shooting and also quickly rotate shots that need to be.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 3:30 PM   #4

There are a plethora of other FREE alternatives. Such as Picasa, Gimp, and DigiKam, Paint.net to name just a minuscule few.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 6:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorillo71 View Post
Congratulations Green Baron, your shots looks impressive.
I like everything, the composition is amazing, that's really make the difference.
But I have a question because your shots that looks so crips are sharpend.
The questions is "how they look without PP?". I'm not intend to crop any shots 100% but I'm interested as they "look" on screen.
Too soft or with "sharp edges" as some where in internet they appear?

Thank you to you Green Baron and to everyone in this wonderful forum can help me.

Thank youuuu

Well.. thanks

My photos would look like just any other HS10 photo on the net. All I'm rather picky in my selection process; unless I feel there's something to tell about a photo that wasn't perfectly sharp (in focus/not blurred) in the first place.
So far, I think the image quality of the HS10 compares to the average superzoom. I use all the settings like sharpness, saturation, etc. on standard. Changing those could make a difference on the web; But I feel they can be tweaked much better in post processing. I know there are some purists around, but I enjoy editing my pictures a bit in photoshop. Editing for me is a hobby (it started before I started photography) -but also (became) a philosophy; We live in the year 2010, and all the tools are available to finish the recorded scene; Give it it's full potential if you will. I could write a lot about this but I won't

Thanks again; Just shoot a lot, read a lot; learn a lot; edit if it's your thing- As long as it puts a smile on your face.

Happy shooting! GB
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote