Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 12, 2010, 5:44 AM   #11

Since long time I'm using Transcend 8GB/16GB class6. Never any proplem. Cheap cards with lifetime guarantee.

Transcend class2/4/6 have ~ 18MBps read speed, class6 Transcends have 10-12 MBps write speed - more than enough for ALL cameras and ALL videos.

Transcend class10 ~ 14-16 MBps write speed - that's overkill .. but I bought it for testing (only few €'s more expensive, nearly same price like class6)

Worsest card I found: Kingston class6 with 6.5 MBps write speed :-(
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2010, 9:07 AM   #12

Thanks DD, I will look for one on my next stop.
I have a Transcend USB drive & have found it excellent, so I'm pleased to hear their other media is good as well.

Will post some pics when I get a chance, not that I'm taking great shots yet, but nice to share the learning experience with others.

Have just done the firmware upgrade while sitting in the Indianapolis airport, quick & painless to do, will be interesting to see what difference it makes.

I got a Case Logic camera bag (from Walmart) cheap & fits the camera like it was made for it.
Will probably swap the neck strap on the camera for a wrist lanyard now that I have the bag.

Last edited by Kiwi_Dragonz; May 12, 2010 at 9:19 AM.
Kiwi_Dragonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2010, 10:30 PM   #13

Is "DCIM" the Main directory?
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2010, 4:10 AM   #14

Yesterday i got my hs10 as well. bought it in holland for 375 euro.
the firmware upgrade.....mine has been in order since april the 16th.

The first series which arrived at the shop were sold in the blink of an eye. So mine had to be ordered at fuji again.
When i checked my camera yesterday it already had firmware version 1.01. So i figure all cams which arrive at the stores will already have version 1.01

how do i see my current version of the firmware?
BEFORE YOU SWITCH ON YOUR CAMERA PRESS THE DISP/BACK BUTTON (next to your lcd bottom right) AND KEEP IT PRESSED DOWN. THEN SWITCH ON YOUR CAMERA AND THE VERION SHOULD BE DISPLAYED ON THE LCD DISPLAY

Already ordered 2 sets of eneloops......money well spend i guess...
Marcel
Insomniac68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2010, 5:03 AM   #15

375 € is a good price - yesterday came my SECOND HS10 (399 €) ... an error, so I sent it unopened back. Would be nice for 3D stereo, but ... for that purpose I have a Fuji Real3D W1 and two small Canon IXUS 100.

Waiting impatiently longer than 4 weeks ... then two HS10 within three days. :-)

@ lucky2505

Is "DCIM" the Main directory?

No, that's a subdirectory.
Old May 13, 2010, 10:59 AM   #16

A few things I'd like to add...... a class 6 card is a must for shooting video and high speed bursts. Also eneloops as I am finding out and Sarah has also been chiming in on may not be the best batteries for this camera. They do last a long time but we are finding that 2700mha NiMH batteries to last a lot longer when they are fully charged. I found out last week using a set of 2700mha NiMH battieres that were left in the camera bag almost 3 weeks that they got the same amount of shots as the eneloops but a fully charged set is giving me about 150 more frames.

dave

Last edited by Photo 5; May 13, 2010 at 11:01 AM.
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2010, 11:16 AM   #17

BTW
For those who think the firmware upgrade is dificult, do you need someone to remind you how to open doors?

I did it in about 5 min, while sitting in an airport, waiting to board a plane.
& that included putting fresh batteries in the camera first & reading the instructions 2x!
Am pleased with the life of the 2600mah NIMH batteries I have too.

Now, off to find a decent fast SDHC card!
Old May 13, 2010, 12:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo 5 View Post
I found out last week using a set of 2700mha NiMH battieres that were left in the camera bag almost 3 weeks that they got the same amount of shots as the eneloops
Haha, grin .... eneloops are ONLY available with 2000mAh ... comparing with 2700mAh is UNFAIR.

Today I reloaded eneloops + GPs, BOTH loaded last time in August 2009 ...
eneloops were full loaded after 5 minutes(!), GP after 1.5 hours!

Now I am loading 2 eneloops and 2 Olympus camedia - eneloops are since hours READY, camedia are loading since hours.

I mean: use eneloops, forget all others :-)
Old May 13, 2010, 12:39 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
Haha, grin .... eneloops are ONLY available with 2000mAh ... comparing with 2700mAh is UNFAIR.

Today I reloaded eneloops + GP, BOTH loaded last time in August 2009 ...
eneloops were full loaded after 5 minutes(!), GP after 1.5 hours!

Now I am loading 2 eneloops and 2 Olympus camedia - eneloops are since hours READY, camedia are loading since hours.

I mean: use eneloops, forget all others :-)
Sometimes life just ain't fair, DD.

Eneloops are good batteries but, they are not the only game in town. To make a blanket statement such as "... forget all others." is just plain irresponsible. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but this goes far beyond "opinion".
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2010, 12:14 AM   #20

I have 2 sets of NIMH rechargables, & yes they do take a little time to cook, so One set goes into the camera & 1 set into the charger, 500 (& change) shots & some 10 min of video on a charge (2450mah duracells).
They'll do me