Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 11, 2010, 3:58 PM   #1

Default Switch to HS10 from S200EXR more pics

So here is a car with 5 of the 6 shots.

Can a HS10 do something better here beides the 30x zoom?
Attached Images

staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2010, 4:02 PM   #2

Yeah... I'm thinking the multi-exposure could have REALLY shined in this one.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 4:06 PM   #3

Can you explain what you mean a little more? I've only read (some) about this camera as well as seeing what you guys are doing.

Bob S.
Old May 11, 2010, 4:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by staats View Post
Can you explain what you mean a little more? I've only read (some) about this camera as well as seeing what you guys are doing.

Bob S.
With the M.E. feature, it would have shown the car at different stages of the track all in one exposure.
My Gallery

--
Old May 11, 2010, 4:52 PM   #5

Well the S200EXR does have something like that but it's not meant for that purpose. It's called the Pro-Focus mode but it's one of the programed exposure options so you lose other manual features. It combines multiple shots into one that's the best focus of three over the entire area I think?
So if the subject is moving you get a motion blur study.

I tried it on one of my Parakeets and I ended up with a three headed bird.
Old May 11, 2010, 5:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by staats View Post
Well the S200EXR does have something like that but it's not meant for that purpose. It's called the Pro-Focus mode but it's one of the programed exposure options so you lose other manual features. It combines multiple shots into one that's the best focus of three over the entire area I think?
So if the subject is moving you get a motion blur study.

I tried it on one of my Parakeets and I ended up with a three headed bird.
Take a look at Fujifilm's website here. Scroll down and you'll see what I'm talking about. Mind you, I haven't tried this feature yet. Soon!

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/dig...s/page_02.html
My Gallery

--
Old May 11, 2010, 11:41 PM   #7

I don't think he wants effects. He wants a nicer shot with a little bit more detail from the car.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2010, 2:50 AM   #8

Staats, what might help is getting physically closer to your subject (if thats possible). At this size, the car falls away to the background a bit.
To get the accent on the car better, you could choose to use a (too) slow shutter, to get the background motionblurred. That requires perfect panning, and cost a lot of great moments to be trown away; But if it works you'll have the accent on the car.

Happy Shooting! GB
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2010, 5:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbaron View Post
Staats, what might help is getting physically closer to your subject (if thats possible). At this size, the car falls away to the background a bit.
To get the accent on the car better, you could choose to use a (too) slow shutter, to get the background motionblurred. That requires perfect panning, and cost a lot of great moments to be trown away; But if it works you'll have the accent on the car.

Happy Shooting! GB
Well that's the exact issue. No it's not possible to get closer. Even though we were not anywhere close to anything could happen we still got a suggestion to move. Lens size matters ...

Yes I posted a sample of the blurred effect on my race car in another thread. Cresho will remember that. You can't really do that sort of thing in a location such as this from a long distance like this because it's a blind corner. The cars appear very suddenly and with the "last 6" option which you're using because the camera isn't all that fast to begin with I end up composing by deciding when to lift my finger because I think I've got 6 decent shots.

I'm new to this feature so maybe in a different location with more magnification I can try panning while using the the "last 6"? Seems like maybe the camera may be a bit slow for this?

With the two series I posted on this forum I framed the turn and then let the cars fill it while I fired the shots. It's a start.

Thanks guys.
Old May 12, 2010, 5:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
I don't think he wants effects. He wants a nicer shot with a little bit more detail from the car.
I dunno, it might be kind of cool. I wonder what pro-focus mode on the S200EXR would look like? Probably a complete mess.