Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 13, 2010, 12:40 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenfl View Post
this is not my first firmware update but my first fuji update and it is not working for me. i copied the .dat file to my sdhc fuji-formatted card and the file is not being recognized by the camera when i try to update. any suggestions?
Did you manually copy it? Instead, use FPupdate.exe. It puts it in the proper place. Follow the instructions that are on the Fujifilm website to the letter and all will work just fine. Don't skip any steps or assume anything.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 4:47 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 349
Default

how do i get it to copy the file to a card reader? it says it will only copy it to my camera.
ellenfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 4:51 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenfl View Post
how do i get it to copy the file to a card reader? it says it will only copy it to my camera.
Put your card in the camera. Then, run fpupdate.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 5:07 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 349
Default

ok, i got it. i needed to copy it to the 'p:' not to the 'p:/dcim/100_fuji'. i'm not sure why that worked because 'p' is the card reader but it did and i am grateful to all who replied here.

thank you.

ellen

Last edited by ellenfl; Jun 13, 2010 at 5:19 PM.
ellenfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 7:03 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,200
Default

Place *.dat in main directory, use full batteries.
It works! Curse if it doesn't work! Smash camera against an apple tree. Then try a second time ...
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2010, 7:10 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
Place *.dat in main directory, use full batteries.
It works! Curse if it doesn't work! Smash camera against an apple tree. Then try a second time ...
Did you not read the post where the OP said it worked now?
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:01 AM   #17
Member
 
Arjan-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ommen, Netherlands
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
Place *.dat in main directory, use full batteries.
It works! Curse if it doesn't work! Smash camera against an apple tree. Then try a second time ...
I'm affraid the camera won't work after smashing it against a tree.
Arjan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:04 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjan- View Post
I'm affraid the camera won't work after smashing it against a tree.
I think he's off his meds.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 6:25 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8
Default

After playing a bit more, have decided that the 1.02 update is better than not having it.
I would like to have an alternative screen for the manual focusing, has anyone else got a comment on this?
Either a centre ring with a clear diamond pattern that changes as you alter the focus (as per pentax SLR film cameras) or the split ring that aligns as you focus (as per cannon SLR film cameras)
If there was 1 thing I would like to change that would be it.

The camera is good at capturing the image, great colours, great depth of field, awesome zoom.
I love how it fits in the hand, its size & ballance.
I don't have a great history in digital photography to make comparison with (Fuji S5500 is the only other digital I have owned) but I have many years of film photography, & this camera fits my liking of things to adjust to suit the shot, & at the same time that wonderful zoom to reach out & grab details where the naked eye can't.

Thats my 2c for the day anyway :-)
Kiwi_Dragonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 7:21 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi_Dragonz View Post
After playing a bit more, have decided that the 1.02 update is better than not having it.
I would like to have an alternative screen for the manual focusing, has anyone else got a comment on this?
Either a centre ring with a clear diamond pattern that changes as you alter the focus (as per pentax SLR film cameras) or the split ring that aligns as you focus (as per cannon SLR film cameras)
If there was 1 thing I would like to change that would be it.

The camera is good at capturing the image, great colours, great depth of field, awesome zoom.
I love how it fits in the hand, its size & ballance.
I don't have a great history in digital photography to make comparison with (Fuji S5500 is the only other digital I have owned) but I have many years of film photography, & this camera fits my liking of things to adjust to suit the shot, & at the same time that wonderful zoom to reach out & grab details where the naked eye can't.

Thats my 2c for the day anyway :-)
Maybe in the next edition.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.