Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 2, 2010, 3:59 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default Bluepecker Landing

heh A few from today. I finally got this guy with his crest up in the classic Blue Jay pose.





The moment of touchdown.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:48 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Roma and Siena - Italia
Posts: 16
Default

hello, the subject is beautiful but second and the third photo has much noise and has a contrast elevated. you have used a contrast mask? to how many ISO they have been release?
Massimiliano
msev04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2010, 3:10 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msev04 View Post
hello, the subject is beautiful but second and the third photo has much noise and has a contrast elevated. you have used a contrast mask? to how many ISO they have been release?
Massimiliano
Yeah.... terrible with noise. I hesitated posting them because of the absolutely awful quality. I just don't know how you can even tell what the subject is. Sorry. I don't align every pixel to perfection for folks to scrutinize under a microscope. I shoot for the sheer joy of it. To show people the color of a flower, the interaction of a bird with its mate. I am not a professional as, obviously, you are. But, I know what I like... and, what I don't like.

The EXIF is intact. If you can see all that noise, surely you can sure read the EXIF data.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3

Last edited by gjtoth; Jun 3, 2010 at 4:24 AM.
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2010, 6:20 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Roma and Siena - Italia
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Yeah.... terrible with noise. I hesitated posting them because of the absolutely awful quality. I just don't know how you can even tell what the subject is. Sorry. I don't align every pixel to perfection for folks to scrutinize under a microscope. I shoot for the sheer joy of it. To show people the color of a flower, the interaction of a bird with its mate. I am not a professional as, obviously, you are. But, I know what I like... and, what I don't like.

The EXIF is intact. If you can see all that noise, surely you can sure read the EXIF data.
hello gjtoth, my comment does not want to be a judgment negative but it is finalized to understand the behavior of the HS10, considered that still I do not know it well. I am not a professional and task also I that the photo must transmit emotions and describe the world that it encircles to us. If then also he is very realized it is better . Hello
msev04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2010, 6:56 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

It is what it is. If you want to understand the HS10, buy one and shoot with it.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:36 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Roma and Siena - Italia
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
It is what it is. If you want to understand the HS10, buy one and shoot with it.
I have acquired the HS10 give approximately a month. I am making of the tests in order to verify its potentialities. You Watch here http://www.flickr.com/photos/1688852...7624155053092/.
I Creed of being able to still obtain better photos. Hello
msev04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:39 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msev04 View Post
I have acquired the HS10 give approximately a month. I am making of the tests in order to verify its potentialities. You Watch here http://www.flickr.com/photos/1688852...7624155053092/.
I Creed of being able to still obtain better photos. Hello
Very nice. I'm happy for you. Shooting static wide angle landscapes is completely different than shooting tight wildlife.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3

Last edited by gjtoth; Jun 3, 2010 at 9:43 AM.
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:32 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
eugeniogurrea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bahía Blanca, Argentina
Posts: 192
Default

Lovely Blue Bird!
eugeniogurrea is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:47 AM.