Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 8, 2003, 7:28 AM   #1

Default S602 CCD and LENS PIX

Hi folks,
Sure seems ages since I've been on. I finally got around to adding the CCD and Lens dis-assembly pix to my service site. Get there via www.digsys.com.au/s602/s602.html and goto Notes_3. I still have to add the step-by-step text, but there's plenty of pix to start with. I also had a very short peek inside an S7000, they haven't changed a damn thing .. it's just a S602 with racing stripes :-)
Oh well, guess when you've got a classic, don't fook with it.
JKirk

PS. Transend and RiDATA look fine on the S7000, no leakage (which seems to be the OE line having a too high an impedance ie noise slowly turns on OE. I hope to verify it when I can wrestle the S7000 off my mate :-)
jkirk@oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2003, 5:57 PM   #2

Nice to hear from you over here again. You must have good mates if they let you pull their new S7000's apart!

Does this mean with a few chip changes I can convert my S602 into a S7000 then, is this the 'firmware' upgrade we've been waiting for? VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2003, 2:34 AM   #3

Default Gidday mate

Quote:
Nice to hear from you over here again. You must have good mates if they let you pull their new S7000's apart!
I have so much shame :-( My mate only had it for 25 mins and I told him that there was a serious power problem with some batches, and that I'd be happy to open it up to make sure his was ok. Ohhhh the terrible shame.

Quote:
Does this mean with a few chip changes I can convert my S602 into a S7000 then, is this the 'firmware' upgrade we've been waiting for?
Well sure, but do you want to? Anyone can convert their S602 to a PRO for example, by ordering the M304, Top assembly (Threaded Fire button). Once I get a few dead S602's in, I'll be starting the big reverse engineering project anyway. The time has come.
JKirk
[/quote]
jkirk@oz is offline   Reply With Quote