Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 19, 2010, 4:58 AM   #1

Default F80 EXR sample Pics?

Hi all

Further to my recent thread, i am after a big favour, could someone possibly post some night time pictures using the auto 12mp setting? I would love to see if they are ok by my low standards lol before i go out and buy this camera.

Thanks anyone if they can it would help me greatly.

Chris
chrisnewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2010, 9:06 AM   #2

Hello,
I was just wondering myself about the high iso qualities as i saw your post, i came up with this link, maybe it gives you any idea.
Also on some forums , people say that the F30 "was" the leader in that class, some of them now want to a Canon G11,
The bottom link is from a woman here on the Belgium Digital forum, she uses a G11, and i must say look at those pics !!

http://www.pbase.com/parman68/f30_f80exr

http://www.pbase.com/nero_design/g11_bestshots
http://vickysgallery.fotopic.net/

greetz
Old Jun 19, 2010, 9:41 AM   #3

well i have to say that first link has me now worried??? surely if the camera was that bad it would not be getting the great reviews it does on the net??
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:15 AM   #4

I agree, the crops taken from those pics compared to those of the F30 are not good at all, maybe someone here on the forum will have a different opinion .
If you see these pics in the following link, you might think those from the first link that you mentioned are not "original" and not to be taken seriously....
Maybe the author got a bad camera...it happened before.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=F80EXR&s=int
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:21 AM   #5

yes it will be interesting to see what other people think of them pictures taken against the F30, i just can not believe they can be that bad
Old Jun 19, 2010, 1:27 PM   #6

The matrix metering for the young girl could be off, you can never get an exact metering. Just look at the remote control, It is off. So metering could be off as well.

For the crops, you can adjust the sharpness and the type of noise reduction on an s200exr. I don't know about the f80 though it looks better in these cases. Also, you will never ever get an exact sharpness in these instances. The person tried as much to focus on a spot to get an overall. In this case as well as in all cases, focus point is important and thus will result in varying and blurring at all points and will never be exact.

Overall, the f30 is excellent but you are still comparing different cameras from different years. You will always get different results.

Ask yourself this, do you want features and quality? I do. Get something that fits your needs and look at detail and overall and see if you like it. Do compare but keep these ideas in mind.

ALso, make sure you know what sensors they are using. try looking the f80exr's bigger brother, it may have a bigger sensor.

Last edited by Cresho; Jun 19, 2010 at 1:33 PM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2010, 1:42 PM   #7

i can not really afford its bigger brother, i just want something that will perform in low light, and the F80 reviews says it does, but then after reading it a bit more it seems a tad complicated. i just wanted to see some auto images at night on 12mp just to see if they are ok

Thanks all

Chris