Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 22, 2010, 3:08 AM   #1

Default Sock Loupe is now available for S200EXR

I see that the SocK Loupe now lists the S200EXR as being an available model.

Just google SocK Loupe. A direct mention of their website gets the thread deleted?

Has anyone (other than the company owner) used this product?
I've read a couple of reviews.

Maybe it would help with compositions and really bright light?

I don't know if they're planning one for the HS10 but I expect so given how popular that camera has been.

Bob S.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:59 AM   #2
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by staats View Post
I see that the SocK Loupe now lists the S200EXR as being an available model.

Just google SocK Loupe. A direct mention of their website gets the thread deleted?
Probably not, unless we think they're trying to use our forums for commercial purposes (i.e., someone is acting as a "shill" for them, or they're pushing their own products in our forums), since we do not allow advertising in our forums.

When we see that occur, we will sometimes ban the poster and filter all links to the site being promoted (so that nobody can post links to the site, even if they're a satisfied customer). Filtering links to companies that try to use our forums for commercial purposes by advertising their products here (or by hiring spammers to do it for them) helps to cut down on repeat spam (when they join under a new member name and try again).

Anymore, some companies are hiring "marketing firms" making use of "online marketers" (a.k.a., Spammers) to post links in forums, blogs, etc., too (we get a *lot* of Spam that way every day). If it's a larger business, I may send them a friendly note about it when I see it (suggesting they don't make use of those types of firms if they don't want all references to their company filtered automatically by our forums software). But, for many companies, when I see Spam, filters are setup immediately. For example, I setup filters for about 6 sites in the last hour alone (where a Spammer in China was posting links to multiple sites selling batteries; and another Spammer was posting links to software they were promoting). So, the next time they try it (if they join under a new name with a different IP Address) and try to post the same spam, the links will be replaced by *******

We often delete dozens of spam posts per day (forum spam is a huge problem), often from professional Spammers using Spambot software to make the posts (this type of software can use databases of popular forums, blogs, etc., and can make the same posts to lots of forums automatically).

But, I don't see any filters setup for http://www.sock-loupe.com (which usually means that I haven't noticed Spam from them).

So, as long as you're not associated with them, feel free to post your experience with their products and post links to their site.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 5:59 AM   #3

OK thanks now I can relax ...
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:08 AM   #4
Administrator

We don't mind members posting links to site they're not associated with (as long as it's not excessive). That lets members share information about products and companies.

But, if we see companies attempt to use our forums for commercial purposes (advertising their products here, or hiring spammers to do it, often pretending to be satisfied customers), we draw the line, as forum spam is a huge problem anymore.

It's usually brand new members doing it, joining for the sole purpose of posting spam.

I've already banned multiple members this morning, before they even made a post here. That's because they had spam in their signatures and were registering from IP Addresses in totally different countries than the vendors they were promoting were located in, from IP Address ranges known to be used by Spammers. In other words, they were professional spammers. Tools where forums share information about spammers can help (for example, http://www.stopforumspam.com keeps tracking databases). But, there's so much of it anymore, it's tough to keep out.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote