Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:15 PM   #1

Default did i buy someones used junk ??

hi all ! this is my first post here on the site, and i was hoping to find out if this has happend to anyone else and what i can do .

ok november of lastyear before christmas my "wife" not husband (correction) bought me a fuji f200exr camera from bestbuy here in edmonton, and it worked great for the 400 sum we paid for it. then a week or 2 goes buy and the camera started to quit working with a lens control error but i just turned it off and back on and it worked fine (now and then kinda thing) but now the camera always does this, and the pictures are all weird and kinda blue in color. so we mailed it off to the repair station and now they just emailed me back today with this :

Your Reference No:********
Customer:********
Make: Digital
Model: F200EXR
Serial No:*********
Date Received: 6/29/2010
Date Estimate Prepared: 7/6/2010
Date Estimate Approved:
Date Repair Completed:

Parts: $136.86
Labour: $100.45
Handling: $0.00
Shipping: $11.77
Subtotal: $249.08
Discount: $0.00
Subtotal: $249.08
GST: $12.45
PST/QST: $0.00
HST: $0.00
TOTAL: $261.53

this was bought at best buy. (and it was an opened box) display

fuji says the waranty is void cause parts are missing and it was tamperd with (something about missing a rubber seal and a screw)

did i buy someones used junk ?????? i mean this ...i have never been so mad this was a new camera with a 2 year warranty only 7 months old

Last edited by tracar; Jul 8, 2010 at 5:48 PM.
tracar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:22 AM   #2

did the camera come sealed in a bag with a fuji hologram type sticker sealing the bag? if not the camera was returned. and not to be funny, if you payed all that money for the camera and it didnt work correctly straight out of the box, why did u not return it to best buy right away? thats a premium price for a product and its not unreasonable to expect a product to work perfectly when its first purchased. if the camera was missing parts, especially a seal, that means that the camera body was opened and somebody tried doing something to the camera. your best bet is to speak with a supervisor and plead your case with them.
nomad147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:36 PM   #3

fuji has replied back to me , and apparently it is a used item, sold to me.(its been worked on , but not under fuji warranty)
and all they will do is repair it with 20% off
says its up to bestbuy to fix their error

i do love run around

no the packaging was opend as it was a display case model ,,, last one in store (and after talking to bestbuy they said it was a return from someone else) wish they would have told me that when i bought it
and yes i do agree for that cash i should get a premium product. im currently awaiting for a call back from bestbuy.

Last edited by tracar; Jul 7, 2010 at 7:40 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 9:26 AM   #4

Just inform Best Buy you will report your treatment in Reseller Ratings on line...they will ante up I am sure....
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2010, 9:33 AM   #5
Administrator

I'm not sure they'd care. See their current rating (it's not exactly confidence inspiring). ;-)

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Best_Buy
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2010, 9:42 AM   #6

best buy is a ripp-off place. I never buy stuff from them. THey have a terrible business practice. Lots of complaints. 15% restocking fee? please!
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
I'm not sure they'd care. See their current rating (it's not exactly confidence inspiring). ;-)

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Best_Buy
Wow that is sad,

I am sure a little constructive writing with the local District Attorney's Office and BBB mentioned and they will come to the table...it worked for me....
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2010, 1:14 PM   #8

That sure is terrible and I hope you can talk then into coming through with satisfactory results..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/keithtate
Keith Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2010, 4:30 PM   #9

well results would be optimal
and "USEDbuy" did reply back to me.
even with all the evidence i had received from Fuji, they come to the conclusion that its in their best interest to have me ship the camera to them to have their service department have a look at it (non Fuji inspection im amusing) since there are 2 in Canada. one in Ontario and one in Vancouver.
but i guess its a start.
now keep in mind im one of the "o god please not him again" types
and im very loud when i need to be, and without shame i will walk around a store and tell all the customers how i was lied to and mislead with my purchase. (although the wife believes otherwise). and hopefully save someone the same fate. but what do i know im just a drywall installer

the camera is being shipped back from Ontario free of charge (thankyou fuji depot ontario ). and i will let everyone know how it plays out
Old Jul 8, 2010, 4:45 PM   #10

It, indeed, sounds like a good start. Good for you! If more people would do that, folks would start honoring the word/warranty/guarantee and dealing honestly.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote