Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 16, 2010, 5:57 PM   #11

Well the A380 has a track record of malfunction. The plane was ground for noise gear issues and fuel leaks.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 6:35 PM   #12

Adds to the excitement

Never been scared on a flight; got only once reminded a normal landing isn't guaranteed; which was on final approach to the nutty mountainstrip of Lukla, when I could see the wreckage of the plane that crashed there just a week before
Old Jul 16, 2010, 6:37 PM   #13

I been on some rough runway when flying in on a c130, not fun needless to say. I have been on couple of commercial airline, when they had a tail strike on a a340-600 as the pilot pull up to sharply on takeoff.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 2:12 AM   #14

Hehe, some weeks ago there was first & last (test) landing of A380 in Vienna.
Airport is too small for such airplanes :-)
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2010, 4:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbaron View Post
Adds to the excitement

Never been scared on a flight; got only once reminded a normal landing isn't guaranteed; which was on final approach to the nutty mountainstrip of Lukla, when I could see the wreckage of the plane that crashed there just a week before
My wife has been to Nepal and that airports runway ends on a cliff. Better you than me! I don't mind flying but I would rather not if I can avoid it!
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:44 AM   #16

Just for the record, planes like the A-380 are indeed very safe. I was a pilot for 32 years with Trans World Airlines, amassing a total of 37,600 hours of flight time, and I retired as a B-747 Check Pilot. I never had, nor was I involved in a single aircraft accident.

Flying on today's jet passenger planes is 10X safer than driving your car on a motorway or turnpike. Thanks for the great series of photos, Green Baron.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:47 AM   #17

The a380 is pretty new, they just need to get the bugs out of them, that was why it was grounded for couple of months last year for the leaking tanks and the front landing gear. But the ones getting deliver this year should have all those problems resolved.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 3:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Just for the record, planes like the A-380 are indeed very safe. I was a pilot for 32 years with Trans World Airlines, amassing a total of 37,600 hours of flight time, and I retired as a B-747 Check Pilot. I never had, nor was I involved in a single aircraft accident.

Flying on today's jet passenger planes is 10X safer than driving your car on a motorway or turnpike. Thanks for the great series of photos, Green Baron.

Sarah Joyce
Thank you! And very true about the safety; Calculated per passenger there's much less emission of dirt in the atmosphere too