Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 17, 2010, 7:41 PM   #1

Default Late to the party....HS10

After much consternating, and pushing my S700 way past 20,000 snaps, and after using an Oly DSLR, I sprung for the HS10.
It's only been in my hands minutes, and I haven't read the manual, or inserted the CD yet, but being familiar with Fuji, I thought I could nevertheless "fake it"
Here are a few of my first attempts.....exactly as they came out of the camera.
I think it will work just fine!

eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2010, 9:17 PM   #2

That's pretty darned good fakin' it, Eddie! Congratulations on getting a great camera!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
That's pretty darned good fakin' it, Eddie! Congratulations on getting a great camera!
Thanks Gary....that dandelion was shot from about 6 feet away in heavy shadows, hand held....as was the hydrangea, one of the reasons I went with this camera was its low light abilities, I'm not disappointed. The maple leaf (branch) was about 15 feet away in very filtered light, a slight fluctuating breeze, hand held, I'm sure it would have been more crisp for not the movement.
I gotta read what all this camera can do. Oh, btw, I shot full manual, as that's what I'm use to....but hot dang, some of those preset programs (modes) look like FUN!
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 7:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie haskell View Post
Thanks Gary....that dandelion was shot from about 6 feet away in heavy shadows, hand held....as was the hydrangea, one of the reasons I went with this camera was its low light abilities, I'm not disappointed. The maple leaf (branch) was about 15 feet away in very filtered light, a slight fluctuating breeze, hand held, I'm sure it would have been more crisp for not the movement.
I gotta read what all this camera can do. Oh, btw, I shot full manual, as that's what I'm use to....but hot dang, some of those preset programs (modes) look like FUN!
Isn't that funny?! There are some that say it's no good in low light I guess "low light" is a relative term, eh? When I shot the Patton Armor Museum, I thought THAT was low light. Yet, I used the HS-10 almost exclusively and *I think* it did extremely well. You're going to LOVE the other features in this camera. True, it's not perfect but there ain't no such animal. I'm not wild about a few things (burst mode, being one) but on the whole, I really like it.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote