Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 18, 2010, 5:14 PM   #1

Default Posted....

Sure, like I can read

Well, it didn't stop me from hunting up and catching a couple on the new unit! (HS10)

eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2010, 5:34 PM   #2

Nice shooting Eddie,,,,,, that second shot show some really nice image quality......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/keithtate
Keith Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 5:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Tate View Post
Nice shooting Eddie,,,,,, that second shot show some really nice image quality......
Thanks Keith......I'm still use to the S700 which liked to be a little under-exposed, as it washed out early on exposure. Not so with this HS10 it seems.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 5:46 PM   #4

what image editor did you use to make the effect, just curious. I like the third one. If you can, color calibrate your monitor to contrast and brightness calibrate your monitor if you have an old crt or something. The images are fabulous but it begs more color, contrast, and brightness. for posting on these forums, I use gimp 23 percent sharpness.

Last edited by Cresho; Aug 18, 2010 at 5:54 PM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 5:50 PM   #5

here is an excellent site to get you started

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

there is even a downloadable so you can keep the files.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 6:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
what image editor did you use to make the effect, just curious. I like the third one. If you can, color calibrate your monitor to contrast and brightness calibrate your monitor if you have an old crt or something. The images are fabulous but it begs more color, contrast, and brightness. for posting on these forums, I use gimp 23 percent sharpness.
At least he's posting, which is more than can be said for some folks that come on and critique other folks but never post any.

Eddie, the HS-10 is a quantum leap from the S700 (I had one, too) and is going to take a little getting used to. You're working with a BSI-CMOS and that's a whole different animal than what you (and LOTS of other folks) are used to. Folks that don't own this camera and attempt to give advice will likely be giving advice from the CCD point of view. Just a heads-up. Keep shooting!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3

Last edited by gjtoth; Aug 18, 2010 at 6:16 PM.
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 6:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
At least he's posting, which is more than can be said for some folks that come on and critique other folks but never post any.

Eddie, the HS-10 is a quantum leap from the S700 (I had one, too) and is going to take a little getting used to. You're working with a BSI-CMOS and that's a whole different animal than what you (and LOTS of other folks) are used to. Folks that don't own this camera and attempt to give advice will likely be giving advice from the CCD point of view. Just a heads-up. Keep shooting!

dude i don't flood the forums with pictures. It's in my profile. I post when i need advice and I keep the ones in my profile when I first get the camera and pictures are unedited so if anybody is interested, they can look and see the quality of average use. just look at my profile and you can see 3 sections of the fujifilm cameras I most recently own or owned and take out a few I don't use just to keep the space free.

The point of my post is that he was complaining about "I'm still use to the S700 which liked to be a little under-exposed" from his own sentence and I was giving constructive criticism so you better shut up. And....if you look deep in these forums, I have posted plenty. There is like one other s200exr user here and I will tell you, I here crickets.

DUDE he used a cartoon effect on these images and I was asking what he used cuz i liked it. I can't find the exact image but i can find another image I have here with the sun height and clouds almost exact and this is What I am getting at. Since He is going that route, might as well figure out what he used right?
Attached Images

Last edited by Cresho; Aug 18, 2010 at 7:21 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 7:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
dude i don't flood the forums with pictures. It's in my profile. I post when i need advice and I keep the ones in my profile when I first get the camera and pictures are unedited so if anybody is interested, they can look and see the quality of average use. just look at my profile and you can see 3 sections of the fujifilm cameras I most recently own or owned and take out a few I don't use just to keep the space free.

The point of my post is that he was complaining about "I'm still use to the S700 which liked to be a little under-exposed" from his own sentence and I was giving constructive criticism so you better shut up. And....if you look deep in these forums, I have posted plenty. There is like one other s200exr user here and I will tell you, I here crickets.
Did I say YOU? Did I even IMPLY you?

Shut up? You're a moderator now?
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 7:26 PM   #9

In other words, his image is/..... post edited Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 Windows.

so dude what did you use?
Old Aug 18, 2010, 7:29 PM   #10

Mercy.....lets rein it in guys, ok.
I see the batteries don't last as long but I did get off this shot before they pooped out. This was extended all the way out, hand held, cropped, and ran through a plug-in in PS.