Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 24, 2010, 11:34 PM   #1

Default Re: Raynox DCR 150.

Help me to understand this lens, ok?
It fits the HS10, yes?
In macro mode, or super macro, it would give me a very shallow DOF?
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2010, 7:07 AM   #2

Yes, it fits the HS-10.

It will work in all modes with a very shallow DOF. I have the DCR-250.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:30 AM   #3

Ok Gary, I saw that one too. It seems a wee bit harder to master in the field, but that should not prove an issue to me, for what I want to use it for is magnification of my wife's bead work. She is an artist, and her work is very small. I currently block off my lighting when trying to get those super close detailed shots, I need something that will allow me to back off, yet still get the detail. I'm not so worried about the thin DOF, as I think I can use to to my artistic advantage, by zeroing in on the "highlights" of the bead. I'll be working on a table, with a joby-pod, so control should be easy. Her beads are about the size of a penny, just to give you some idea. Should I get the 250?
To give you and idea, AND, if you have any suggestion or ideas you can share with me, here is one of her INTERNET outlets to her work. I take all the photography. THANKS!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/deniseannette

PS: Anybody else want to weigh in, I'll love to hear it, and it would be very appreciated!!!
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2010, 6:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie haskell View Post
Ok Gary, I saw that one too. It seems a wee bit harder to master in the field, but that should not prove an issue to me, for what I want to use it for is magnification of my wife's bead work. She is an artist, and her work is very small. I currently block off my lighting when trying to get those super close detailed shots, I need something that will allow me to back off, yet still get the detail. I'm not so worried about the thin DOF, as I think I can use to to my artistic advantage, by zeroing in on the "highlights" of the bead. I'll be working on a table, with a joby-pod, so control should be easy. Her beads are about the size of a penny, just to give you some idea. Should I get the 250?
To give you and idea, AND, if you have any suggestion or ideas you can share with me, here is one of her INTERNET outlets to her work. I take all the photography. THANKS!

PS: Anybody else want to weigh in, I'll love to hear it, and it would be very appreciated!!!
I'm about to get the 150 so I'll have both to work with. I would start with the 150 and see what you think. If it's not working out, get the 250.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2010, 4:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie haskell View Post
.... Her beads are about the size of a penny, just to give you some idea. Should I get the 250?

Hi , i have the DCR 150 & DCR 250 and i think for this work you need DCR 150

With the DCR 250 you can't see the bead fully (or you will have vignetting in the corner)
Doit4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2010, 12:53 AM   #6

I've also got both of these lenses and I agree that the 150 may suit your needs better. The 150 has a focusing distance of about 8" compared to the 250's 4" which can restrict light coverage.
Wardonia is offline   Reply With Quote