Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 21, 2003, 6:18 PM   #11

Yeah and it seems that fuji knows about it. Check out this link.

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...hMode=1#680539
zace27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2003, 1:51 AM   #12

on the battery power, i have 8x1800mAH and 4x2000mAh. the 2000mAH could go close to 300 shots with mostly EVF usage and mininal flash usage. image downloading from CF reader and not directly from the camera.

i did not have any problem with battery drain BTW.

Rgds
faizal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2003, 1:58 PM   #13

i want to find out now abut wht they mean by overcompreession and overshrpening or sumthin to that extent...how does this affect the image quality, or is it if u look really hard
zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2003, 7:06 PM   #14

zoom - The sharpening can be corrected by setting the internal option setting on menu to SOFT(min. level), then sharpening in a program like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro on your computer. THe overcompression is only an issue if you use a Normal file quality settting. But this woudl really only appear on 8x10 or larger prints on the s7000. You can defeat this by setting it to 12MP Fine JPEG mode or shotting raw and converting to a JPEG or TIFF format on your computer later. The S5000 has no FINE setting, and you must shoot RAW if you want no compression artifacts.

The JPEG compression, when overdone and printed large enough, results in bands in graduations of color change and visble pattern blocks(8x8 pixel size) around detail areas. Oversharpening creates visible transient disortions around high contrast edges/lines and elevated noise(grain) patterns.

-Chris
WmAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2003, 8:10 PM   #15

bear in mind though that, should you shoot in raw, u must have a RAW file converter software to convert the RAW file to JPEG or TIFF (? only these 2 right?).

AFAIK, FUji dont have a free special software to convert RAW file to viewable file format. you have to purchase it though. bear in too that S2Pro RAW file converter could not be used for S7000 file converter. beats me why :?:

but dont fret though coz there are several (at least 2 AFAIK) softwares that can convert it to viewable pics. it is free!

Rgds
faizal is offline   Reply With Quote