Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 4, 2010, 3:06 PM   #1

Default OK....HS10 beetch

I've had it for almost two weeks, so by no means is this a very informative in DEPTH evaluation of the camera, so keep that in mind....its more a personal preference thingy.
#1. It eats batteries. I have figger out you can shoot another 25 or so frames once the depletion warning lights the screen, a very generous cushion when you are at a crucial moment.
#2. I don't fancy the VF sensor. Countless times while fiddling with the controls while composing a frame on the LCD, I inadvertently cross my fingers into the sensors range, immediately the screen goes dark. At first I thought...."What in de hell did I do?", but even now, under the excitement of getting off a fast opportunity, I still forget and have to remember its only temporary.
#3. I don't like the controls exposed on the left side of the camera back. I like to plant my hand there when looking through the VF, many a times I've hit the buttons, calling the focus menu up and a delay while I reposition my hand.

As I say, small whines to a camera I'm enjoying greatly thus far. Trying to learn its sweet spots are very challenging, as it has so much range, but its a happy challenge I assure you!
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2010, 8:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie haskell View Post
I've had it for almost two weeks, so by no means is this a very informative in DEPTH evaluation of the camera, so keep that in mind....its more a personal preference thingy.
#1. It eats batteries. I have figger out you can shoot another 25 or so frames once the depletion warning lights the screen, a very generous cushion when you are at a crucial moment.
#2. I don't fancy the VF sensor. Countless times while fiddling with the controls while composing a frame on the LCD, I inadvertently cross my fingers into the sensors range, immediately the screen goes dark. At first I thought...."What in de hell did I do?", but even now, under the excitement of getting off a fast opportunity, I still forget and have to remember its only temporary.
#3. I don't like the controls exposed on the left side of the camera back. I like to plant my hand there when looking through the VF, many a times I've hit the buttons, calling the focus menu up and a delay while I reposition my hand.

As I say, small whines to a camera I'm enjoying greatly thus far. Trying to learn its sweet spots are very challenging, as it has so much range, but its a happy challenge I assure you!
Similar gripes as me, first thing I did after losing some good pics due to the stupid VF sensor was switch it off. Was trying to take pics in bright sunlight at the skatepark but shadows kept switching the screen on and off. Better on manual, hit the button with your thumb :-)
As for Batteries it needs good quality, the best I used were energiser Lithium, wow well worth the 4.49 for 4. I got well over 700+ pics, mostly without flash though. Have switched to Nimh rechargeables, got 8 x 2800mh for 8.00 and a fast Charger for 6 that does 4 Batteries at a time. The Charger came with a cig adapter for the car as well as a Plug for the house... Sorted :-) Think I get about 500 pics from them??
As for the buttons to the left, not had a problem as I hold the camera underneath with my hand on the Zoom ring, give it a try :-)
charlysays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2010, 9:02 AM   #3

Can you give me the details for the charger and batteries? I have a S8100FD and that eats batteries as well.

Olympus E420, 17.5-45mm, 14-42mm, 40-150mm, 70-300mm and 25mm lens

Kodak Z950
Thunderchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2010, 8:04 PM   #4

I've been using Sanyo Enloop hybrid NiMH batteries in mine and they easily go over 500 pics.
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote