Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 25, 2010, 10:12 AM   #1

Default New Shots

What do you think guys?
Attached Images

masini is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 25, 2010, 12:29 PM   #2

despite the camera being a good low noise iso, try using p settings forcing lower iso to produce cleaner shots.

follow these guidelines.
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fu...-exr-cams.html

you can see the difference with a little know-how!

Last edited by Cresho; Sep 25, 2010 at 12:33 PM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2010, 12:59 PM   #3

I like the photos, I suspect you're rather pleased!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
despite the camera being a good low noise iso, try using p settings forcing lower iso to produce cleaner shots.
I think Mr.Masini may find this statement rather too cryptic - I know I did! I'm assuming you've seen something in the EXIF data (which regretably I don't know how to read). Is the camera in a mode which has selected an unnecessarily high ISO?
pentode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2010, 2:15 PM   #4

Thanks for your comments guys, really appreciate them

@Cresho : Yes ure right I forgot to set the ISO settings to a lower value I left them on ISO 800.. my mistake!

@pentode: Yes im really liking it and considering getting a DSLR in the future since I really got into photography now, even if Im still a beginner.. About the ISO, yes I forgot to reduce the ISO from 800... my mistake.. but Im still happy with the results to tell the truth!
Old Sep 25, 2010, 11:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentode View Post
I like the photos, I suspect you're rather pleased!

I think Mr.Masini may find this statement rather too cryptic - I know I did! I'm assuming you've seen something in the EXIF data (which regretably I don't know how to read). Is the camera in a mode which has selected an unnecessarily high ISO?

You can see the high iso noise! The camera is capable of much more. I want him to achieve this since he is asking. I am sure his next batch of pictures will get him there.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 11:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by masini View Post
Thanks for your comments guys, really appreciate them

@Cresho : Yes ure right I forgot to set the ISO settings to a lower value I left them on ISO 800.. my mistake!

@pentode: Yes im really liking it and considering getting a DSLR in the future since I really got into photography now, even if Im still a beginner.. About the ISO, yes I forgot to reduce the ISO from 800... my mistake.. but Im still happy with the results to tell the truth!

You have a "taste" and is starting to show. just remember at lower iso, you will encounter more blurred images. HIgher iso images will allow better results vs blurred images and of course you will have noise. Good color and contrast!

Last edited by Cresho; Sep 25, 2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 1:21 AM   #7
Super Moderator

nice early set of shots here, you will do well with some practice.

its always a delicate balance between using the lowest ISO possible, yet keeping shutter speeds high enough to prevent camera shake blur. it is just something you learn with time and shooting alot.

but Cresho already very kindly linked my sticky'd post. just make sure when you are shooting higher ISO to make sure you are in the medium size, but you have the dynamic range to 100% or no dynamic range boost. the dynamic range (DR) modes are great in good light for increasing dynamic range, but in low light the DR boost can increase noise.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 4:15 AM   #8

Just thinking about your snow shooting: be aware that cameras don't like going from a cold environment (like out in the snow) into a warm, humid environment (like indoors!). What can happen is that condensation will form on the camera, and, if the camera is used indoors, possibly IN the camera.

If water gets inside the camera, it will be difficult to remove, and can cause problems such as fungus on the lens glass, where it can result in irreparable damage.

It's best to let the camera's temperature stabilise in the new environment before use.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 5:29 AM   #9

Thanks all for you replies

@Cresho: I will keep that in mind when shooting my my next batch

@Hards80: I will try to remember to change the settings when taking shots in different lighting conditions etc as that is my problem. I just start taking pictures an forget to change the settings in between...

@pentod: yes that is what is making me a bit afraid of taking my camera in snow I really don't want to damage my camera! Do you think it will help if before going inside I will put the camera into a plastic bag to maybe reduce the condensation?
Old Sep 26, 2010, 1:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by masini View Post
@pentod: yes that is what is making me a bit afraid of taking my camera in snow I really don't want to damage my camera! Do you think it will help if before going inside I will put the camera into a plastic bag to maybe reduce the condensation?
Yes, as long as you put the camera inside the bag OUTSIDE (so that any air in the bag is at outside temperature/humidity!). Though, even if you don't use a bag, I would think that the camera is reasonably well sealed - as long as it's switched off. Actually, just putting the camera into a coat pocket is probably good enough.