Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 2, 2010, 5:44 PM   #11

I agree with vIZnquest comment, my Pana FZ20 and I may add Kodak 880, was more consistent......right at the moment I wish I bought the Pana FZ100 and may even still get. Gotta have more than 2 cameras....right!
Still on saying the above still love the Fuji HS10 with all it's quirks.
Hazzbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vIZnquest View Post
I agree with that statement. I have not been as happy with this kit as I have with my panny FZ1v2, FZ10 and FZ20 cameras and they are considered ancient in comparison.
I have an old FZ10, also. If I had to choose between it and the HS10, the Fuji would have to go.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2010, 6:10 AM   #13

That's why I use RAW on the HS 10. Together with the SilkyPix software it gives nice results with lots of detail. Take a look at the Rotterdam harbor slideshows if you are interested in RAW + SilkyPix results.

Regards,

guus
guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2010, 3:31 PM   #14

Yeah, pluses and minuses. It seems that HS10 is very sensitive over any change in camera setting. Like sans, I am learning every day from every shots.
Some low light, indoor and other range of photos. HS10.
#1. Indoor.
#2. Indoor, on the top is a transparent canopy.
#3. Garden lamp, dawn.
#4. A mosque at night. Handheld.
No PP. Only crop/resize. I'm going to try guus' advice to use raw+silkypix.
Attached Images

loekids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2010, 8:02 PM   #15

It's funny how some folk have a preconceived notion how a camera should act....
If I judged all my women by the first one, well heck.....I ain't going there!

Learning a camera, how it responds, how to tweak it, that's the fun part. I guess if you just shoot automatic exposure, then I guess you could complain one cameras results are nit the same as another....but that is at best, a very personal and subjective observation.
I've had my camera for about a month now, shoot it every day, and I've only feel I know about 5 percent of it.
It could very well be I'm lame, and not as wise as some, but I know this, the joy photography gives me is beyond anyone's ability to complain about equipment....my goodness.

A few flowers from today:

Grabbed a few to shoot while wife gave me a breather from photographing her work....DANG, I'm forgetting my own preferences.....golly.

Kinda went with mood lighting on this dark dahlia....

Pure white, hard to get to into the camera....

Red, gold, and magnificent in a royal monarchies sorta way....

And a few of these guys....

eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2010, 8:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie haskell View Post

Learning a camera, how it responds, how to tweak it, that's the fun part. I guess if you just shoot automatic exposure, then I guess you could complain one cameras results are nit the same as another....but that is at best, a very personal and subjective observation.
I've had my camera for about a month now, shoot it every day, and I've only feel I know about 5 percent of it.
It could very well be I'm lame, and not as wise as some, but I know this, the joy photography gives me is beyond anyone's ability to complain about equipment....my goodness.
Well-said, Eddie! Let the nay-sayers and fanboys wallow in their misery. Geeez... If I dislike a camera, I don't whine and wheedle. I SELL IT and get something I think I'll like. If I don't like that one... SELL IT. I'm not out to make my dream camera everyone else's dream camera.

Great shots, BTW.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2010, 11:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie haskell View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Well-said, Eddie! Let the nay-sayers and fanboys wallow in their misery. Geeez... If I dislike a camera, I don't whine and wheedle. I SELL IT and get something I think I'll like. If I don't like that one... SELL IT. I'm not out to make my dream camera everyone else's dream camera.

Great shots, BTW.
Well said eddie & gary. it's a subjective area. one likes, another doesn't like. a cook doesn't only think how to make a food ready, but also how to prepare it, cook it and serve it to get a good taste. it is the challenge he chooses to take. many others don't prefer going such a long way to get a delicious food like him. it's a personal preference. if one doesn't like, he can just get food that he likes.
loekids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2010, 1:47 AM   #18

Well, I'm getting there...Learning the HS 10 that is...I'm getting some surprisingly good shots, and I still can't say enough about that lens...

These two shots were taken full zoom and hand held...I may never need a tripod except at night!

Then there is this. I had no idea it would even be a keeper....I'm having a great time learning what this little camera can do.

sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2010, 5:44 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by loekids View Post
Yeah, pluses and minuses. It seems that HS10 is very sensitive over any change in camera setting. Like sans, I am learning every day from every shots.
Some low light, indoor and other range of photos. HS10.
#1. Indoor.
#2. Indoor, on the top is a transparent canopy.
#3. Garden lamp, dawn.
#4. A mosque at night. Handheld.
No PP. Only crop/resize. I'm going to try guus' advice to use raw+silkypix.
I use Raw and SilkyPix like this:
1. Choose lowest contrast and put it on 1.0.
2. Put gamma on 1.20.
3. Put sharpening on natural fine.
4. Develop RAW into JPG.
5. On Paintshop or whatever program you use add contrast.
6. Add some sharpening too.

Regards,

guus
guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2010, 12:15 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by guus View Post
That's why I use RAW on the HS 10. Together with the SilkyPix software it gives nice results with lots of detail. Take a look at the Rotterdam harbor slideshows if you are interested in RAW + SilkyPix results.

Regards,

guus
The problem is that sometimes RAW isn't practical given the downright glacial write time.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote