Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 20, 2003, 6:08 PM   #1
1$

Default Which is better Fujifilm finepix 4700, 4800, 6800 or 601?

Im planning on buying a camera and I was wondering which of these is the best buy? They are getting harder to find and the price range is still pretty high, despite being a few years old. If you could help I would really appreciate it. Thanks
1$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2003, 12:06 AM   #2

I would buy the 601 for sure...high resolution camera and fits in you pocket...3 to 1 zoom as I remember...as a collector... I would like to have one..
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2003, 6:04 PM   #3

I have a 4800Zoom and I have no complaints so far. I have had for over a Year and I am quite pleased with it. I have read some user reviews where people where having problems with the lens mechanism. I have had no such problem and I have had it for almost well over a year. And have take a couple thousand shoots with it. But what I would suggest is that you read some user reviews about the products since they have been around for some time.
zace27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2003, 4:51 PM   #4

I have a FinePix 4700 that I carry with me when I am on my bike, and it has racked up a many a mile. It is a tough camera, and takes fantastic photos. Just my two cents worth.
Biker 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2003, 8:14 AM   #5

The F601 is a great camera, but some have a problem with the menu interface were manual options are barried deep. On the otherhand if you set camera in manual next time you start the camera your last used shutterspeed or apperture returns.

The F601 is an impressive camera for its compact size and options, optics aren't too great (atleast not on my camera). However the response to shutterpress is impressive, and the possibilitie to use upto iso 1600 on an pocket camera is also very unique.

Note however that Fuji has announced a follow up; F610.

On the otherhand you may find a last box store bargain on any of the cameras and not even be bothered to wait for anything else.

You can see some of my photos taken with F601 at http://www.desk.nl/mupe/photos/ballonfeest/
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 6:13 PM   #6

zace27 wrote:
Quote:
I have a 4800Zoom and I have no complaints so far. I have had for over a Year and I am quite pleased with it. I have read some user reviews where people where having problems with the lens mechanism. I have had no such problem and I have had it for almost well over a year. And have take a couple thousand shoots with it. But what I would suggest is that you read some user reviews about the products since they have been around for some time.
Dear zace27,

I have a Finepix 4800Zoom for almost a year now. Perfect camera for me. However, I have a problem and need your help: I bought a new Dell laptop, and gave away my old one (Gateway Solo) to acharity organisation. Unfortuantely, I left the CD ( to install the driver, I guess) in the old laptop. Now I have noCD to install the driver on my new laptop. Where can I find this CD? or where can I download it from?

Please, help! many thanks!
davidn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:46 PM   #7

Twee jaar later, maar wat een bijzondere foto's!!!!!
doccie is offline   Reply With Quote