Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 13, 2010, 4:25 AM   #11

Well the camera hasn't been dropped eddie and yes i do get focus before shooting. Shots with or without filter are the same. It occurs the smudge and lack of focus is worst from 24mm to 50 mm. But still all other images as well.
But not as extreme as from 24 to 50mm

When i take a look at the pics i took on my holiday, I believe Kaaryn is right it does focus sharper to the left.
Perhaps te lens isnt placed exactly in the middle and therefore focussing sharper to the left.
Ive attatched another picture from my holiday...the right has almost no detail. plants are smudged....

Been to the shop where ive bought it and they gave it a few shots. Its on its way to the FUJI-medicin man

too bad would have been a wonderfull shot
Attached Images

Last edited by Insomniac68; Oct 13, 2010 at 4:29 AM.
Insomniac68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2010, 8:34 AM   #12

Have you tried these settings?

http://eyemindsoul.blogspot.com/2010...ow-to-set.html

oops - never mind :-) - I see you sent it off for repair.

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything

Last edited by Clint501; Oct 13, 2010 at 8:48 AM.
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2010, 8:39 AM   #13

Definitely much sharper on the left. Hope they get it fixed up for you!
kaaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2010, 8:49 AM   #14
Super Moderator

i would agree something is wrong here. it appears severely decentered and not focusing past a short distance. stuck/misaligned element possibly. though it is strange the camera is still locking on focus. so it seems like there are alot of issues here.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:27 PM   #15

Can you get a replacement? It's much easier that way.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2010, 1:33 AM   #16

Well....the camera has returned....for a few minutes.. after being on a trip for 5 weeks. In the shop i was told that the optical unit had been replaced. So something inside the beauty was wrong.

Now even before i had a chance to test the camera i noticed 2 scratched on the ring near the lens ( at the front) . Since i have been using a UV filter from the start, these had to be due to repair.

Damn was i dissapointed...being so carefull with my stuff and still damaged.
Yet this wasnt even the worst part...as soon as i switched on my camera and focussed on an image, three very bright dead blue pixels and 2 dead white pixels on my screen....
I didnt even bother to test if the focussing was fixed....too dissapointed.

Pinch me ...am i awake? Scratches dead pixels this could not be my camera... quickly checked the serial. Well the serialnumber matches ...this must be a nightmare, sending it of in a mint condition to be ruined and returned.

At the shop i was told this shouldnt happen when something was send for repairs. I think Fuji should give me a new camera .....what do you think?
Ive been told that Fuji's aftersales service is great, see if they are as great as some people inhere say they are.

TO BE CONTINUED.........

UNtill now.......well not quite happy as you already figured out
Marcel

Last edited by Insomniac68; Nov 22, 2010 at 2:16 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:00 AM   #17

So terrible experience, Insomniac....
Is there any possibility they removed the serial number from your true camera and placed it on other camera that you got it now?
I think you should complain and return the camera again, noting the scratch and dead pixels that weren't there before.
Hope you get a good one...
loekids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:46 AM   #18

Its already on its way to Fuji again, had it back for a few secs ....... now lets wait and see
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:52 AM   #19

This is exactly why I don't trust refurbished units, which a lot of people brag about as being a great way to save some $$. Problems like this happen all the time. The camera goes in for a quick hand grip fix and comes back with bad focusing. I do hope Fuji takes care of you. Good luck.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2011, 6:30 AM   #20

Well 2 weeks ago i received a brandnew sealed hs10.
Its got software version 1.03? if i am correct this version was never posted on the internet, nor released on their website.....so the cam has to be brandnew

been shooting some pictures, and so far so good.

So Fujis aftersales lived up to the expectations.....however in my first mail, i coppied this websites link, to show them my unfocussed pictures and the way they returned my camera.......could that be the magic trick to get things done? They are aware that this website is visited by millions, and bad publicity might just a dealbreaker when you are in the market for a new camera

I dont know but as far as i am concerned ....im HAPPY.