Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 3, 2010, 3:58 PM   #41

I wish I knew. It's at the side of the road and people stop by and have their shots taken with it!
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:21 AM   #42

I wouldn't say ya'll hijacked the thread - all the inputs are on the subject, and appreciated. As to making a decision, I'm closer but still weighing the pros & cons of each camera, plus looking at the Panasonic FZ45 & FZ100, and the Canon SX30IS. I think I'll just ask Santa to leave one of each, plus the receipts, and I'll return those I don't want. ;-))
bluzfrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 3:48 PM   #43

Hi,

First post here, and I am trying to decide between the FZ35,40 and the HS10... and NOW the S200EXR! Arg!

I am pretty much ready to go with the HS10, because when I look at the user photos on Amazon, the shots are just as impressive from either of the Fuji's.

Having just been seriously burned with the 'good on paper' SX1IS, I am most concerned with the few low reviews on Amazon on the HS10 mentioning exceedingly low write speed and focus problems especially in zoom, and from my own experience, focusing in low light situations (which the SX1 cannot do!) And focusing ring being hard to use... actually, in the low reviews, the list goes on and on, yet in the high reviews and here I hear nothing about problems.

http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-FineP...rBy=addOneStar

Can anyone address these questions and maybe put my mind at ease? Or should I go for the S200EXR, though it seems that is going to get more involved than I really want to.

Have been using and LOVING an Oly C-740 for years now and I would stay with it except I want sharper images and lower shutter lag. I also lean towards having the HD vid, though the lessor vid of the 200 is not a deal breaker.

I know this is a lot, but I have been searching for two years and having finally reached a decision with the SX1 and gotten burned (not to mention horrendous customer service) I am now very wary and have found that on virtually every camera out there some reviews are great and some are horrible.

Thank you!

Jud
eJud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:55 AM   #44

Ref'g the S200ER, has anybody had problems with the RAW processing? I've read in a couple of reviews that the S200ER has a problem, but new software was supposed to be coming out to help correct this.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 2:40 AM   #45

The focus ring is not difficult to use its just different ... you just have to adapt your grip thats all ... you need to focus from the bottom of the camera with your left hand cupped ... if you try from the top the flash is in the way ...
Paul
rebel06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2010, 5:53 PM   #46

Default S200EXR is a good cam

I have used both the HS10 and the S200EXR. The HS10 Has some nice features over the S200 EXR-the flip screen being one better color another. It is a great and versitile cam...but ..the S200 is flat out sharper re IQ. The EXR mode puts it ahead of the HS10 by a nose . Here is my site with all S200EXR shots.

http://skylightvistas.weebly.com/
painterdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 2:16 AM   #47

Hi, Painter, glad to see you here...!
Wizzard0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 6:19 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by painterdude View Post
I have used both the HS10 and the S200EXR. The HS10 Has some nice features over the S200 EXR-the flip screen being one better color another. It is a great and versitile cam...but ..the S200 is flat out sharper re IQ. The EXR mode puts it ahead of the HS10 by a nose . Here is my site with all S200EXR shots.

http://skylightvistas.weebly.com/
I have an S200EXR as well.
I played with an HS10 for about 10 minutes at B&H and I know fully well that that is not enough time to be completely fair. But I really didn't like viewfinder. I do wish the S200EXR had the flipping view screen at times. I do wonder how that will hold up over time? I dunno, the HS10 felt more difficult to handle. I would like some of the features though. Until they fix that viewfinder it's no for me.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 4:25 PM   #49

First off, a Happy New Year to everyone. Secondly, I'm 99.9% decided on the S200EXR(unless I come across a good deal on the S100FS on eBay). My next inquiry is about the flash hot shoe: does the hot-shoe receive the necessary information from the camera(TTL integration)to make it worthwhile to spend the extra money for a good flash head, and if it does, can anyone recommend or suggest a proper unit? The same question would apply to the s100FS, also. Thanks again for ya'll's help and information.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 4:29 PM   #50

painterdude, thanks for the link(those pictures are amazing), your input was one of the deciding factors to go with the S200EXR. I hope I can step-up my ability to match the camera's capability. ;-))