Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:12 AM   #51

Okay, Kiddies, Fuji been listening - the CES had a "Fujifilm FinePix HS20 16 MP Digital Camera with EXR BSI CMOS High Speed Sensor and Fujinon 30x Wide Angle Optical Zoom Lens" on display, due out in March, 2o11 and Amazon's got a listing on it, and Photography Bay's got a preview in it(http://www.photographybay.com/2011/01/05/fuji-hs20exr/). I read somewhere in my recent research on the S2ooEXR & the HS10, to wait for the CES to see what new cameras are announced. Fortunately, through blind-dumb-luck, I hadn't purchased either camera, so now I'll wait until March, check to see what the pricing will be, and read the reviews....again. But with the TTL hotshoe capability, the EXR engine, plus the 3oX zoom, the HS2oEXR might be worth the wait.
bluzfrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2011, 3:29 PM   #52

It definitely sounds like worth waiting for this one. One gripe I had with the HS10 was the viewfinder was clumsy and had no rubber cup. It looks like they've repeated that mistake with the HS20. Too bad.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2011, 8:01 PM   #53

It is a no brainer to me. The S200EXR is a far better camera concerning image quality then the HS10. It is nice to have a 30X zoom, but the HS10 has a problem with to much noise correction resulting in smearing the fine details away. This problem shows up in prints above 8x10...
Ancientritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2011, 2:36 PM   #54

somebody know what is the real size of the lcd panel of the s200exr because I bought one lcd protector 2,7" but it is smaler than the lcd panel :S
Hernan8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2011, 10:50 AM   #55

Good Morning, folks, as I've said in past, I've been looking at the S200EXR, the HS10, and the S100FS, keeping an eye on eBay for the S100FS and the S200EXR. I eliminated the HS10 when the HS20 was announced earlier this month, came real close on a couple of eBay listings for the S100FS, and then, Beach Camera put the S200EXR on eBay at $309.00, with free shipping !! That's $50.00 less then they had been listing the camera, and $13.00 less than the Amazon price. So I did the "Buy It Now" thing, and it's been sent out. Coming from the Northeast, it's being delayed due to the weather, but I hope to have it in my hands next week. I still plan to purchase the HS20 when it becomes available, but I want to read some hands-on reviews before I go to that expense.

Thanks again to all the previous entries to help me decide on my next camera choice, it's been quite informative and helpful.

"...to be continued."
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:06 AM   #56

Well, I'd say you made a good choice. The odds of another 30X long zoom knocking anyone's socks off is unlikely, even with an EXR sensor.

Starting to see the HS-10 used prices dropping in anticipation of the HS20... several used at KEH for $275. The S200EXR is still holding strong. Not many used ones for sale... I believe that's because there just isn't anything better to replace it with at the moment. A lot of the S100fs cameras have a lot of miles on them because, like the S200exr, it was and still is an excellent model.

Anyway, you'll have a lot of fun with the new beast once it arrives.
OnTheWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2011, 9:32 PM   #57

hs20 seems to handle moving objects: something many of us have problems with including hs10 and s200exr.

something to think about.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:45 PM   #58

I received my new S200EXR on Tuesday, and dug right into the box. Got the battery charged up, popped it into the camera, and did the minor settings(date/time/etc.). Dug into the paperwork, and took a couple of JPEG & RAW shots, ran into my first problem: the FinePixViewer doesn't seem to like the RAW photos, and I don't particularly care for that program. Has anyone used another program that's cheap(free?), and easier to use? Another question that comes to mind is about the Fuji Li-ion battery: I hate to have only one battery on hand to use, and would like a second battery, and a car-ready charger. Anyone in the group have experiences with a 3rd party battery and/or charger that can be shared? I'd appreciate any suggestions on these questions that can be offered. Thanks in advance, I'll be back when the S200 & I have been together a bit longer.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 9:35 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzfrek View Post
I received my new S200EXR on Tuesday, and dug right into the box. Got the battery charged up, popped it into the camera, and did the minor settings(date/time/etc.). Dug into the paperwork, and took a couple of JPEG & RAW shots, ran into my first problem: the FinePixViewer doesn't seem to like the RAW photos, and I don't particularly care for that program. Has anyone used another program that's cheap(free?), and easier to use? Another question that comes to mind is about the Fuji Li-ion battery: I hate to have only one battery on hand to use, and would like a second battery, and a car-ready charger. Anyone in the group have experiences with a 3rd party battery and/or charger that can be shared? I'd appreciate any suggestions on these questions that can be offered. Thanks in advance, I'll be back when the S200 & I have been together a bit longer.
You need to download FinePix Studio from Fujifilm to use the RAW images from your S200EXR. In my opinion, there is NOTHING to be gained from shooting raw with this camera. The Jpegs are fantastic and the camera shoots much faster.

I never messed around with a 3rd party battery. Only real Fujifilm batteries go into my cameras. I paid good money for the camera and I'm not too cheap to put real batteries in them. I've found that the Fuji NP-150 battery lasts a very long time.
RattyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2011, 9:44 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzfrek View Post
Another question that comes to mind is about the Fuji Li-ion battery: I hate to have only one battery on hand to use, and would like a second battery, and a car-ready charger. Anyone in the group have experiences with a 3rd party battery and/or charger that can be shared?
and this is precisely why I do not buy camera's that don't use AA's
mknowles is offline   Reply With Quote